Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2019 General Recruiting Thread

1 hour ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

https://www.d1circuit.com/news_article/show/920907?referrer_id=790853

Keion Brooks jr and Isaiah Stewart among the 8.

The NIKE EYBL regular season has four games remaining, and there will be a fun finish for league's Most Valuable Player.

Eight players from eight different teams have separated themselves from the pack, and we highlighted each of their resumes below.

The award will be announced shortly after the Hampton Session Awards are selected. Best of luck in Hampton to the candidates and the 29 teams looking to lock up their Peach Jam bid.

Perfect example of the dangers of small sample size. The only time I've seen Brooks live was against Romeo,  and he was lousy. Didn't compete physically or mentally. Completely unimpressed. Now he's killing people, and apparently outworking them. Great to hear, and I'm thrilled to be wrong.

1 hour ago, Demo said:

Perfect example of the dangers of small sample size. The only time I've seen Brooks live was against Romeo,  and he was lousy. Didn't compete physically or mentally. Completely unimpressed. Now he's killing people, and apparently outworking them. Great to hear, and I'm thrilled to be wrong.

I was hoping that was the case after seeing Hanner score about 4 against Bloomington South, but it wasn't.

Won't IU need a SG as much or more than a PG in this class? 

I know everyone isn't sold on Green (Sr) but Phinisee (So) should be ready by then and Durham (Jr) could cover a little PG. 

Assuming Romeo bolts for the draft there wouldn't be any typical SG's on the roster in 2019. Maybe Hunter and/or Anderson emerge as a guard and that would be great, but I like the look of Newman's game from what I've seen and would prefer him over a PG in 2019. 

10 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I know everyone isn't sold on Green (Sr) but Phinisee (So) should be ready by then and Durham (Jr) could cover a little PG. 

Assuming Romeo bolts for the draft there wouldn't be any typical SG's on the roster in 2019. Maybe Hunter and/or Anderson emerge as a guard and that would be great, but I like the look of Newman's game from what I've seen and would prefer him over a PG in 2019. 

Agree, IF we can't land a top end point (Carton, Lewis) in 2019.  I believe both Anderson and Hunter have been told they'll get run at the SG position if they can obtain the skills necessary.  That would make for some rather tall and long lineups.

1 hour ago, Hardwood83 said:

good point.  I think these guards we are recruiting will be used as CG's and share ballhandling unless/until one proves to be the better handler/playmaker. 

6 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

6'10" 210lbs Power Forward...I wonder if this offer was meant to drive a sense of urgency with other top post targets...

Not sure but this kid can play.   I watched him at warren central in April and really liked his game.  He plays on D1 Minnesota with Terry and Hurt.  Schilling watched every game of his at that event and he stood out.  Snow said a while ago that the staff liked what they saw when they watched him

Corey Evans - USA Basketball: What the coaches saw on Saturday

COLORADO SPRINGS, CO. – The first session of the day on Saturday brought droves of college coaches to see what the United States under-18 training camp was all about. What did the top powers of the game get to see in Colorado Springs?

There might not be a more versatile offensive weapon in today’s game than Trendon Watford. Measuring in at over 6-foot-7 and with a 7-foot-4 wingspan, Watford is the ultimate small ball power forward and in a lineup that the Golden State Warriors call its death lineup, a killer five man. His feel for the game allows for Watford to make the appropriate pass, his length allows for him to drive the gaps, and his smooth shooting stroke allows for him to knock down the catch and shoot jumper. Head coaches  from LSU, Alabama, Kansas and Indiana, along with assistants from Memphis and Florida State, were each on hand for the uber-versatile Watford.

Jalen Lecque and Cole Anthony look to be two of the most athletic guards in high school ball. Each calling New York as home, each also finished with the top vertical leaps at 43 inches a piece. Both excel within the open floor and while Anthony is a better producer off of the jumper where Lecque is known for his dribble drive skills, their athletic measurements have continued to set the bar as to what an elite level athlete is within the high school stratosphere.

The fastest player in America, bar none, is Kira Lewis. His shot is pure leather coming out of his hand and while it hasn’t found its mark as much as he might have liked this weekend, Lewis’ speed is what really separates him from his contemporaries. The Alabama native is the quickest guard that I have seen, from endline to endline, within the past three or four years and an in an up-tempo situation, or whenever things break down on the offensive end, Lewis’ value becomes even greater. He has really begun to settle in and with tremendous potential as an on the ball defender and an already deadly offensive piece, Lewis’ national emergence this spring has continued in Colorado Springs.

3 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Interesting

Height without shoes

Brooks 6’5.5”

TJD.  6’7”

Watford 6’7.5”

My takeaway is TJD/Brooks are smaller than I thought and Watford taller than I thought.

add and inch to an inch and a half for height with shoes.  

It never has and never will make sense to me why guys are measured without shoes. A guy will never play without shoes (except Devonte of course) and shoe soles don’t differ enough in height for it to matter. 

6’6.5” (way smaller than I thought)

6’8” (about what I thought)

and 6’8.5” imo (what I thought)

The Indiana juniors lost in OT to the Kentucky juniors 113-109.  I think Thompson is rehabbing an injury as is Mason Gillis.  Brooks and TJD are at the USA U18 tryouts.  Don't know about Brandon Newman.  Cobie Barnes with an outstanding game = 30 pts. and 15 reb.  Alex Hemenway with a good shooting performance and Armaan Franklin scored and rebounded well.

Det9n0cXUAE6Hu0.jpg:large