Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Clickbait for their pay site IMO. If legit he would want to break it first. Nothing on his Twitter.

Absolutely. He would market why you need to go behind his paywall. He may not put the whole thing out there, but would say they got a huge break and know what's going on. I have no doubt he heard from someone, but could be as simple as, "I haven't heard a change is being made." Then it gets blown up.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

From twitter: @jepopeiv: Scoop alert: Talked to security guard at arena. Rumor is Archie doesn't want State gig, holding out for Indiana. Security guards know stuff.

Archie, like his brother, is a sleeping recruiting giant. Better tactical coach than his brother according to many. Archie and Collins are the guys that my gut tells me we would really regret passing on 4-5 years from now. If we have a legit shot at Donovan, then we have to get the proven commodity. Otherwise, it's one of these two.

Like I said I won't believe anything until I see it for sure. What I do know is what Rabjohns said and that Osterman said today on a podcast with the Star he's heard of no changes. Doyel has said he's heard of no changes despite the article and JMV said on his radio show he's heard IU doesn't want to fire Crean. As I said everyone could be misinformed and deliberately mislead (I posted on this earlier) but tea leaves point to him staying from people who's face I l know. I also know one of the four guys personally mentioned above but not going to say which. Trust any of them before any message board poster.

Ok. Cool. Same here. I worked with Hutch here and Osterman on 247. I know how much they know and on what stuff they know. We can agree to disagree based on their areas of strength and the purpose of that information being put behind the pay wall. Btw the guys that work for Star won't speculate otherwise until there is solid info out there. That doesn't mean if you know them personally they wouldn't believe differently.

1 minute ago, HoosierTrav said:

Archie, like his brother, is a sleeping recruiting giant. Better tactical coach than his brother according to many. Archie and Collins are the guys that my gut tells me we would really regret passing on 4-5 years from now. If we have a legit shot at Donovan, then we have to get the proven commodity. Otherwise, it's one of these two.

there is too much talk going down right now to worry about who the next coach is going to be.....for me anyway

This is where I'm confused. Did Rabjohns post that Crean is staying, or did someone else post that? Nobody is being clear about that & im tempted to go buy a sub to find out...

Someone posted a screenshot a few pages ago and it was just abnormal site member that said Rabjohns said that.

This is crazy. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Glass held a presser to announce that Crean was staying, and two hours later Washington held a presser announcing Crean as their new HC. A bidding war between Glass and Washington would ensue, and Glass would "win" CTC back to Indiana for 9mil a year. Really though, he will be gone in 24-48 hours. Hang tight guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

Like I said I won't believe anything until I see it for sure. What I do know is what Rabjohns said and that Osterman said today on a podcast with the Star he's heard of no changes. Doyel has said he's heard of no changes despite the article and JMV said on his radio show he's heard IU doesn't want to fire Crean. As I said everyone could be misinformed and deliberately mislead (I posted on this earlier) but tea leaves point to him staying from people who's face I l know. I also know one of the four guys personally mentioned above but not going to say which. Trust any of them before any message board poster.

Again, show me where Rabjohns said that.

Someone posted a screenshot a few pages ago and it was just abnormal site member that said Rabjohns said that.

He posted it behind the Scout paywall. It's there. He hasn't had much luck with coaching speculation so I wouldn't take it as 100% gospel. Not much has changed imo. Still nothing concrete either way.

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Padding the stats with that 5 post Aaron? emoji12.png

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

That was an accident. That's why I changed the follow up to something different on each one. Sorry bad mistake.

1 hour ago, Calculus1918 said:

A change must be made, the apathy for IU basketball has gone out of control. Man, how I miss coach Knight's teams... Cheaney, Bailey, Graham, Nover, Henderson, Anderson, Reynolds, Meeks and Mr. Hoosier himself, Leary. Hopefully someday, tough to watch the NCAA's tomorrow without our beloved Hoosiers, Indiana will be back!!!

Both Grahams were good. Too bad Pat was often hurt!

Crean is coming back. Either we accept it....or pick another team. I may do the latter because I feel that Crean will be here for many years to come. He's holding us hostage.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

You have spoken. I guess we can shut the thread down now.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, 323SGrant said:

Both Grahams were good. Too bad Pat was often hurt!

My only memory of these teams is a 92-93 Indiana Basketball I rented from the library and watched maybe 20 times. Love that video. I missed the best and became a fan in 97 due to age.

Edited by Aaron

He posted it behind the Scout paywall. It's there. He hasn't had much luck with coaching speculation so I wouldn't take it as 100% gospel. Not much has changed imo. Still nothing concrete either way.

Yeah that's why I laughed a few pages back. I don't dislike Rabjohns by any means but when it comes to coaching rumors he's about as credible as you and I.