Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Indiana vs. Penn State - Saturday 11/12 @ Noon ET on ABC/ESPN2

Sadly I'll be working and likely will miss most of the game. Hopefully the defense will bring it again and give the offense a chance.

Need Oakes and the kicking unit to get their heads back in it. Feel bad for Oakes.

The run game has got to improve. I'd like to see Natee punish some people.

I didn't get to watch the Rutger game either but by the sounds of it Lagow looked better??

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Interesting game here. Before the season started I was confident we would win this game when making my predictions. However, Penn State actually has an offense this season. Stats are impressive. Obviously they have a lot of talent given they are annually pulling in top 20 recruiting classes. Take away the Pittsburgh loss and Penn State is right there in the top ten.

Our kicking game worries me. You can't leave points on the field. Also the lack of confidence could make CKW go for it on fourth down when he'd other wise like to kick. Do we make a change?

We have to be able to run the ball if we want a chance. Penn State looks to be hitting their stride which makes the game even more difficult. However, our defense is playing lights out.

CKW is going to have to be creative on offense. We have loads of talent at WR, need to put the ball in their hands.

Memorial Stadium better be rocking! I hope it's a big crowd!

We seem to start slow with these early games, hopefully the guys are well rested and encouraged at the chance of knocking off a top-25 opponent and becoming bowl eligible. The defense will have their hand full trying to contain one of the best (if not the best) running back in the league in Barkley. Offensively, we can't have 4 turnovers again and Lagow will have to be accurate with his throws. Can we see a big day by day by Camion Patrick?

P.S. for those people thinking about going, IU Athletics is having a promotion on tickets. $40 tickets for adults, $10 for kids. Only online and only through today though.

Penn%20State%20Email%20NOON1.jpg

This is a massive game. As ThompshonHoosier pointed out - it's a noon kickoff which is awful. Makes getting to Bloomington more difficult (especially with 37/65 both a mess) and the team always seems to struggle with noon kickoffs.

The defense will need to be better early than in recent weeks. IU can't afford to be in a hole and trying to dig their way out. Lagow has to absolutely take care of the ball and that means the running game needs to produce. This is a big opportunity against a top-15 team.  No turnovers, better kicking game, strong run defense. Make them air it out. I'm optimistic, but not confident.

53 minutes ago, KB0 said:

This is a massive game. As ThompshonHoosier pointed out - it's a noon kickoff which is awful. Makes getting to Bloomington more difficult (especially with 37/65 both a mess) and the team always seems to struggle with noon kickoffs.

The defense will need to be better early than in recent weeks. IU can't afford to be in a hole and trying to dig their way out. Lagow has to absolutely take care of the ball and that means the running game needs to produce. This is a big opportunity against a top-15 team.  No turnovers, better kicking game, strong run defense. Make them air it out. I'm optimistic, but not confident.

And 46 was a mess for HH with people trying to get into the state park. Leave early!

I hope we win this game for so many reasons.  I hope PSU loses every game in fact lol.

But I will admit that I was wrong about Wilson, he sorta dropped the ball a bit in not have a reliable QB but we are still 5-4 with 1 really winnable game to get us to bowl eligibility and thats a huge step up for this program.  To say that our coach dropped the ball on something and we are still in contention for a bowl is unbelievable for this program really. 

Just have to keep the coaching staff intact now.  People on Purdues board are pointing out that Wilsons miracle rebuilding this program might get the attention of some bigger name schools and they might try and poach him.  Hadn't even thought of that, #footballschoolproblems

Would love to see us beat PSU and already be bowl eligible when Purdue comes to town. 

I agree: if Wilson gets to six wins and wins a bowl game, he could attract the attention of a bigger program. I am not sure if there will be such a job available though, most of the SEC schools recently hired new coaches or are not making a change. If something did happen, I would be very comfortable promoting Coach Allen to be head coach.

Speaking of Coach Allen, I think he's the one that we have to worry about with other schools sniffing around. Gotta keep him.

58 minutes ago, akhosrof said:

I agree: if Wilson gets to six wins and wins a bowl game, he could attract the attention of a bigger program. I am not sure if there will be such a job available though, most of the SEC schools recently hired new coaches or are not making a change. If something did happen, I would be very comfortable promoting Coach Allen to be head coach.

Speaking of Coach Allen, I think he's the one that we have to worry about with other schools sniffing around. Gotta keep him.

I'm not too concerned about losing Allen. He's from Indiana and his kind is enrolled to play here next year. Think we've got him for a bit.

So I bought a ticket on seatgeek. If there is a fan out there who wants to go its a single ticket. I can meet you somewhere at memorial stadium. Heck I'll sell it for 10 or 15. My dad called me and my uncle got us field passes for the game since my cousin is coach wilsons bodyguard for home and away games. Let me know. Ik it's a long shot, but figured I'd try with it being nice weather and a top game at home.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So I bought a ticket on seatgeek. If there is a fan out there who wants to go its a single ticket. I can meet you somewhere at memorial stadium. Heck I'll sell it for 10 or 15. My dad called me and my uncle got us field passes for the game since my cousin is coach wilsons bodyguard for home and away games. Let me know. Ik it's a long shot, but figured I'd try with it being nice weather and a top game at home.

Or I can just give it to whoever for free. Lol

My friend that's coming down will probably take it, I'll let you know asap

EDIT: He bought one yesterday, sorry!