Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

IU Mens/Womens Swimming and Diving

16 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

Lilly just ekes her way into the Olympic team in the 200 breast stroke and she just got proposed to!

She had already qualified for winning the 100 breast.

Carson Tyler also qualified in the springboard. The first US diver since 2000 to qualify in both individual events. 

Right now Pieroni is the only IU swimmer who qualified but might not make the team. They've filled 24 of the 26 spots with 1 event to go. There is a good chance that 1 or both spots in that event will go to someone already in the team so he'll probably make it.

Edit: Pieroni gets the 26th (last) spot on the team so he's a 3 time Olympian.

Capobianco won the 3m springboard so IU went 1-2 in that event between him and Tyler. I looked at the results and saw that Henninger finished 3rd so IU actually went 1-2-3. Awesome. 

https://swimswam.com/capobianco-wins-mens-3-meter-schnell-claims-womens-10-meter-at-u-s-diving-trials/

15 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Not IU swimming related, but college swimming related unless IU had a meet schedule vs Notre Dame this year. Cancelled their entire season over gambling.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/40872823/gambling-violations-prompts-notre-dame-men-swim-team-suspension

Wow. 

Assuming he has eligibility left (I think he has 1 year) and isn't going pro, Chris Guiliano should transfer to IU.

2 hours ago, go iu bb said:

Wow. 

Assuming he has eligibility left (I think he has 1 year) and isn't going pro, Chris Guiliano should transfer to IU.

My exact thoughts when I first saw that story. Seems like a long shot but why not? He’d get to compete without losing a year and could probably transition to a pro group at the same place. 

Swimswam has the men's incoming class for this year ranked #2. It's not at all surprising that it's that high since they include the transfers. They were beat out for #1 by Texas, and it isn't surprising that they also have a strong class since they're now coached by Bowman.

https://swimswam.com/ranking-the-2024-mens-recruiting-classes-1-4/