Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

X-Hoosier

Video games

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Picking up my Series X tonight and am trying to figure out what games to get. I think I’ll try game pass because it’s $1 for the first month and I want to try the Show. Debating on Madden and 2K. I liked previous versions of Madden but 2K has been disappointing. I used to love COD but haven’t enjoyed it as much recently, but am open to trying the new one if it’s worth it. 

With Gamepass I don’t even buy games anymore. It’s unbelievable. 

On 11/9/2022 at 8:37 AM, Hovadipo said:

I’m on a Series S I got about a year and a half ago. Might jump to an X next summer for NCAA.

I’m the same as you on 2K, I’ll wait til it gets cheap and then play the hell out of it for a few months, but I’m a solo MyLeague guy. I’m still really enjoying 22, but 23 looks great from what I’ve seen. I usually go through a phase with The Show around opening day where solo franchise is all I play. It really is a great game and has been day one on Gamepass for a couple years which rocks. I’m also a total PGA 2K nerd. My buddies and I have a Society and I play in a few other really competitive ones. 

I also have a racing wheel, which is a blast with the NASCAR Heat games. If I really want to pass the time (other than going into a GTA online lobby with buddies) I’ll get on MS Flight Simulator. I have a private pilot’s license I don’t use and it’s fun to fly around and do procedures and all that, but the kids don’t usually give me the sort of time to really get into it. 

I've wanted to try the dirt racing games they have came out with. From Brownstown, small dirt track is sort of in my blood. 

On the series X I’m a gears  of war guy. That’s about the only thing I play on the Xbox anymore.  Not much of a Call of duty fan.   PS5 horizon forbidden west is awesome, and I’m finally playing through Last of Us.  Didn’t play it the first time around but got  pS5 version.  Really great story.   Currently playing through part 2.   The hbo  series comes out in January.  

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

On the series X I’m a gears  of war guy. That’s about the only thing I play on the Xbox anymore.  Not much of a Call of duty fan.   PS5 horizon forbidden west is awesome, and I’m finally playing through Last of Us.  Didn’t play it the first time around but got  pS5 version.  Really great story.   Currently playing through part 2.   The hbo  series comes out in January.  

That came pre downloaded on my PS5

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I've wanted to try the dirt racing games they have came out with. From Brownstown, small dirt track is sort of in my blood. 

I have a deep, burning love for dirt racing lol. The Heat games have it but it’s not great and there’s no open wheel. I haven’t tried the newest dirt game that just came out but it looks pretty sweet. Can’t remember the name, but I think the iRacing guys made it. 

21 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Been thinking about getting a ps5 just for Last of Us, have never played it

Recently had the itch to play College Hoops 2k8 again. Got the old 360 out of garage and fired up it circa 07-08 getting my start at North Florida. After a solid couple seasons I left for St. Bonaventure. A couple deep tournament runs got me the Illinois job. After 2 seasons and coming of a National Championship game appearance in 2021, the Indiana job came open ironically. Coach P spurned the Illini fresh off a title game appearance and left for his dream job in Bloomington. Year 1 saw a 27-8 finish and a loss in the sweet 16. Currently in year 2 Indiana sits at 19-1 and #5 in the country. Coach P is still in search of his first title and returning a Indiana back to glory.

The 11th ranked Michigan Wolverines came to Bloomington to take on the 5th ranked Hoosiers. Michigan was hot from 3 in the first half and took a 7 point lead into the break. Michigan continued their hot shooting in the second half and got up as many as 9 before Indiana JR forward Guzman got hot from 3 to close the game. With 3:00 left in the game Indiana was unconscious from behind the arc and took a 14 point lead over the Wolverines. 79-71 final from Bloomington in favor of the Hoosiers. Up next is a date with the 14th ranked Michigan State Spartans.