Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hmhernan

Harrison Niego continues to add depth to IU's bench

If there was one available, he would have it. That's what it means to be a "preferred" walk-on. 

I thought it meant you did not have participate in tryouts. He just knew he had a spot on the team coming in (as opposed to like, Burton, who went through tryouts).

I extra think that because don't we only have 12 scholarship players? Yogi, JBJ, Rojo, Troy, OG, Juwan, Max, TB, Priller, Z3, Hartman, and Newkirk? Then Tharp, Niego, Taylor, and Burton walking on?

I thought it meant you did not have participate in tryouts. He just knew he had a spot on the team coming in (as opposed to like, Burton, who went through tryouts).

I extra think that because don't we only have 12 scholarship players? Yogi, JBJ, Rojo, Troy, OG, Juwan, Max, TB, Priller, Z3, Hartman, and Newkirk? Then Tharp, Niego, Taylor, and Burton walking on?

I think you're right on that count. A preferred walk-on is recruited and doesn't have to go through tryouts. I know in the past, not necessarily on IU but other teams, that preferred walk-ons get a scholarship when one is available. Certainly strange if Niego doesn't. Perhaps it has to do with the IU Student Athlete Bill of Rights and if he got a scholarship he'd have to have it for four years? 

Don't go overboard on Niegro. Everybody loves the underdog but he is a role player and he is doing fine filling his role. At this point in his career he has been pushed into service because of our lack of depth at guard because of Blackmon's injury. He isn't ready to be pushed much farther or his shortcomings will become more apparent. As to the future, we will see what happens.

Oh Ok, if you say so, then it's good enough for me.

How does someone like priller get a free ride where niego has to pay? Makes zero cents

did we even get any road Priller last night? Now that I think about it on don't remember him. If not that is sad 27 point lead and can't get garbage seconds lol