Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

Is Thomas Bryant a one and done?

Kind of OT

Say you're a NBA GM, and you can choose Vonleh (when he was coming out of college, and disregarding his first year and a half so far) or you can have Bryant. Who do you take?

Maybe because I am a Pacers fan and our best rebounding big man right now is Jordan Hill, which makes me sad beyond belief, but I'd take Vonleh ever single time. The offensive versatility he has shown, or flashes there. The being an absolute monster on the boards, the potential defensively. 

I just bring this up because the comparison between the two is so easy. And I guess the potential to be something special in the NBA that I saw/see with Vonleh, I really don't see the same with Bryant. I think he'll be good, but probably not a ton more than a serviceable starter, to good starter in his prime. 

In my view. I believe Bryant has some coordination problems he would need to focus on in the off season. It just seems to me he is just growing in his athletic ability. Please dont misunderstand me, I like him just fine. His desire and intensity is huge.

Just from random instances thus far this season, I feel TB needs more emotional maturity.  I'm not certain he's yet emotionally equipped for the bright lights and big stage.  The NBA can further develop his basketball skills, but won't be a whole lot of help on the emotional maturity side of the coin which I think another year of college would enhance.

Just from random instances thus far this season, I feel TB needs more emotional maturity.  I'm not certain he's yet emotionally equipped for the bright lights and big stage.  The NBA can further develop his basketball skills, but won't be a whole lot of help on the emotional maturity side of the coin which I think another year of college would enhance.

If he could get with a strong coach, or assistant coach it would help him. Look at Lance Stephenson with Brian Shaw, or to an extent Paul George. Lance was essentially a child, really he still is to an extent. But when he was with the Pacers with Shaw we didn't really see much of this, like he did a choke  sign towards LBJ in the playoffs, but otherwise nothing. He goes to Charlotte and he pouted more than actually play basketball, and now with the Clippers he can't get off the bench

Watching Bryant play in the heart of B10 play and I just don't see him leaving. He has struggled against most talented big men. He struggled against Happ when we played Wisconsin and he is really struggling against Haas and Hammons. He struggles on both ends of the court against the quality bigs he's matched up against. Not trying to bash Bryant at all cause I love what he brings to the team when he is on, but i still think he isnt ready for the NBA yet

Thats no guarantee thats where you will go though. Drafts are weird, mostly because of the Knicks odds picks but they are weird.

Not unknowingly slip to the 2nd round weird. In the NFL, sure but that probably won't happen with the NBA since he can go thru the pre-draft and choose to come back.

Not unknowingly slip to the 2nd round weird. In the NFL, sure but that probably won't happen with the NBA since he can go thru the pre-draft and choose to come back.

Yeah thats what I am assuming though he would get told at the predraft that he is a late first round possible second rounder.  And him being a smart kid he would choose to come back. 

Yeah thats what I am assuming though he would get told at the predraft that he is a late first round possible second rounder. And him being a smart kid he would choose to come back.

Yeah agree with that. I was just thinking you meant he gets told he'll go in the lottery and slips to the 2nd.