Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ALASKA HOOSIER

A Letter to Coach Robert M. Knight- From the fans

I have no problem with Bob Knight's decision to snub IU's celebration of the 76' squad, and understand his likely reasoning. It would have been nice to have seen his return, to see him among the players of his greatest team, and to see the warmth extended towards him by the fans; but I understand why he would avoid such an event. I wonder if Knight would have considered a celebration of that team and its accomplishments had it been held in Indianapolis, and underwritten by someone other than IU?....

I have no problem with Bob Knight's decision to snub IU's celebration of the 76' squad, and understand his likely reasoning. It would have been nice to have seen his return, to see him among the players of his greatest team, and to see the warmth extended towards him by the fans; but I understand why he would avoid such an event. I wonder if Knight would have considered a celebration of that team and its accomplishments had it been held in Indianapolis, and underwritten by someone other than IU?....

ridiculous. Not you, but his behavior. He did many of the things that lead to his undoing in the first place. He wasn't a saint ever, and especially towards the end when he couldn't hardly win. Plus this is a whole new regime at Indiana, trying to connect and appreciate its past. This was his team, his university, and he damned well should of been there.

He is behaving like a scorned adolescent.

I may be in the minority but I really do not blame RMK for not coming back. Yes, he deserved to be fired. However, IU allowed him to grow into what he ultimately became by not curtailing his behavior earlier in his career. This is who he is, we should not expect him to be anything else. As a fan, I would love to see that rift closed and I do think it could be cathartic for him. I just don't see him ever coming back, the really big opportunities have passed. The only thing I could see him possibly coming back for is if there were a building named after him. Should IU do that to help mend the fences, not unless they have a donor willing to fully fund the endeavor. I don't feel like many, that he is somehow selfish or any other adjective you want to use. His behavior now is exactly what made him successful. He believes he is right and nobody on God's green Earth is going to change his opinion.