Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Winter Meetings 2015

[attachment=3030:ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1449580038.853893.jpg] Wow, I'd be happy with Miller and Heyward. But id be happy with many pitchers, Heyward just comes as a plus.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBtownBanners1449580038.853893.jpg Wow, I'd be happy with Miller and Heyward. But id be happy with many pitchers, Heyward just comes as a plus.

I would be surprised with Heyward due to teams like Giants, Cards, and Angels. Miller is more likely, but they want Soler or Baez plus another top 100. Won't happen.

Cubbies, stay away from Heyward!!!

Brett from Bleachernation has been beating that drum for a while now. Heyward in Center or until Almora is ready. Then trade Soler for Miller. That's who the Braves want bad. That would give us a solid 1-4. Arrieta, Lester, Miller, and Lackey as a 4.

Brett from Bleachernation has been beating that drum for a while now. Heyward in Center or until Almora is ready. Then trade Soler for Miller. That's who the Braves want bad. That would give us a solid 1-4. Arrieta, Lester, Miller, and Lackey as a 4.

Hendricks isn't a bad 5 either! Recently I heard we're discussing Castro with the Yanks as well as talks with Zobrist. IMO, trade Castro/Baez for a young pitcher, but don't sign Zobrist and use that extra money to buy Heyward. That would be awesome.

Hendricks isn't a bad 5 either! Recently I heard we're discussing Castro with the Yanks as well as talks with Zobrist. IMO, trade Castro/Baez for a young pitcher, but don't sign Zobrist and use that extra money to buy Heyward. That would be awesome.

The Zobrist rumors threw me off for sure.

Castro traded to yanks

I'm torn.

On the one hand no more Ryan and Warren is a fringe back end starter.  It's better than Stephen Drew, but a fat guy from the stands would be better than Drew.

On the other hand I'm not a Castro fan and this just confirms the Yankees will do everything possible to avoid giving Refsnyder a real shot, and I think he could be a serviceable 2B for a heck of a lot less than Castro makes.

Really curious what the Cards are planning. We were the runners up for Price, making Heyward a Priority, but now what? We will have one of he best benches, but worried about what the staff is trying to do.

Mo has mentioned we won't do anything about bats unless it's clear we won't get Heyward. Cardinals can't afford another offensive year like last year. With the Cubs doing what they are, Cardinals have to do something!