Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Winter Meetings 2015

I'm here at the Winter Meetings. I'll try to get some inside scoops for y'all.

Dj, I know the Cards hope to get Heyward, but I also heard they are interested in Cespedes and Gordon. Any rumblings? Looks like they are content giving Piscotty the reigns at first before RF, which I think is smart. We need a proven OF with a good bat because of the injuries that are becoming the norm for Holliday and Grichuk. Matt Adams and Moss (can't believe how far he has fallen) are very good backups, but lack being able to back up 3B.

Dj, I know the Cards hope to get Heyward, but I also heard they are interested in Cespedes and Gordon. Any rumblings? Looks like they are content giving Piscotty the reigns at first before RF, which I think is smart. We need a proven OF with a good bat because of the injuries that are becoming the norm for Holliday and Grichuk. Matt Adams and Moss (can't believe how far he has fallen) are very good backups, but lack being able to back up 3B.

I have been hearing the Cards checking in on Gordon regardless of Heyward which doesn't make a ton of sense. But smart money has Cespedes going west.

I have been hearing the Cards checking in on Gordon regardless of Heyward which doesn't make a ton of sense. But smart money has Cespedes going west.

If they get both, they they must be shipping Grichuk or Pham. Interesting....

If they get both, they they must be shipping Grichuk or Pham. Interesting....

Yeah there's a Cubs guy that I follow that is pretty even keeled that has been bringing it up. He heard it from Law. Basically Heyward at 26 yrs old wants a 10 year deal. Hard to justify without Miggy Cabrera or Trout numbers.

The trade is reportedly being held up by the Dodgers because of a violent domestic incident last month. Chapman fired 8 gunshots in his garage and allegedly choked his girlfriend.

Report: Dodgers' deal for Chapman held up due to violent domestic incident http://www.thescore.com/news/904954 via @theScore http://thesco.re/theScore_App