Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Clay Manley

Little 500 Stories

Few things are off:
- Cops DO NOT turn the other cheek. The entire week is one large tailgate, and the chance for the courts to rack it in is never higher. Excise police are everywhere as well. Additional police are brought in from half the state to handle the week, and you best believe they're looking for a way to cover these costs.

- I never had a teacher cancel class for L5. I had a classmate show up drunk, pass out and break his nose, get dragged to the bathroom where he fell asleep on the toilet, was found by a janitor, and got arrested for public intox, but never had a class cancelled. There isn't some campus-wide acceptance that the school shuts down, and if a teacher were to cancel class, it definitely wouldn't be for the entire week.

- Hairy Bears are nowhere near exclusive to L5, and people actually go to Bears?

- The bars become a mess and covers start at $20. Fraternity parties are what make and break L5 (I know you didn't mention that, but wanted to throw that part in)

- The only public sex that made waves when I was at IU was when some girl got banged on the floor of the Sport's men's room in a puddle of piss, and that was the night of spring graduation. People are not sexin it outside like it's Woodstock, and Indiana police are quick to make sure you'd be labeled a sex offender if you tried. Also, no one is getting it on in the library stacks because no one is in the library.

No offense, but half of this list and the way some of the choices are described is more hype than reality and sounds like something out of an American Pie spin-off movie. Little 5 is a lot of fun, but it's not some campus-wide drunken Roman orgy like some people tend to talk it up as.

Thank you. This is my first year here and I can already tell this list is beyond false.

Always had class during Little 5. Usually had tests or some other stupid big assignment during the middle of the week too. I always got really bored with being intoxicated by day three, so i generally held back towards the weekend. Fun week regardless, but it always gets overhyped for some reason. 

Always had class during Little 5. Usually had tests or some other stupid big assignment during the middle of the week too. I always got really bored with being intoxicated by day three, so i generally held back towards the weekend. Fun week regardless, but it always gets overhyped for some reason. 

Music guests aside, I actually enjoyed Welcome Week more than Little 500 in terms of partying. You literally had no classes, everyone is dying to get back to IU to party, see their friends and break in their new places, the weather is much better, people are more outgoing and friendly, and freshmen girls are complete morons who at that point think that college is like the movies and act accordingly.

Music guests aside, I actually enjoyed Welcome Week more than Little 500 in terms of partying. You literally had no classes, everyone is dying to get back to IU to party, see their friends and break in their new places, the weather is much better, people are more outgoing and friendly, and freshmen girls are complete morons who at that point think that college is like the movies and act accordingly.

THIS. Even better was the summer if you stayed.  Nobody in town or on campus.  That was my favorite time to go to Kilroy's.  2 Dolla Holla on the back deck, day drink for a while and eat a ton of cheap food haha 

I miss LIttle 500 so much that I put together a list of the amazingly bizarre things that make Little 500 the best college week of all time. http://www.rantlifestyle.com/2015/04/20/things-that-only-happen-during-little-500-week-all-hoosiers-can-truly-appreciate/ Let me know what you think!

In spirit of Little 5, I'll let your drive by attempt to get people to click your story and build your stats a pass. Don't do it again.

Thank you. This is my first year here and I can already tell this list is beyond false.

Give it time youngin... lil 5 gets better with age :). And make sure you actually go to the race at least once. Should be mandatory to receiving your diploma that you attend at least once.

Give it time youngin... lil 5 gets better with age :). And make sure you actually go to the race at least once. Should be mandatory to receiving your diploma that you attend at least once.

Don't get me wrong, I'm having fun, but this article makes it sound like Project X on steroids and it clearly isn't that. Unfortunately I have to miss the race due to a funeral, but I absolutely plan on being there next year.

Can't wait to go back this weekend. First Little 5 as an alumni.

I organized "Classroom Raves" my 4 years there. We'd dress up in ridiculous costumes and run through classrooms with a boom-box and glow sticks. It was so much fun.

did you dress as a banana? 

Don't get me wrong, I'm having fun, but this article makes it sound like Project X on steroids and it clearly isn't that. Unfortunately I have to miss the race due to a funeral, but I absolutely plan on being there next year.

What you've seen isn't Little 5... Little 5 starts tomorrow.... Prepare yourself.

My Little 5 Top 10 list:

1. Blank
2. Empty
3. Cloudy
4. Hazy
5. roofied???
6. More like floorsied
7. Dude, where's my car?
8. I get knocked down, will I physically be able to stand up again?
9. Wait, who are you and how did I get here?
10. And by here I mean Jupiter... Seriously how the F did I end up on Jupiter????
11. I'm scared

What you've seen isn't Little 5... Little 5 starts tomorrow.... Prepare yourself.

Sunglasses and advil. Little 5 thursday is mad real. 

What is Little 5 when you're a chemistry major with an organic chemistry test and 4 papers during this great week? Living up to the hype for me!

Chemistry major! Rock on. I remember those days clearly. Go hog wild after those assignments are finished. It will make it all the better.