Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Rookie33

HMP likely out 2-4 weeks with a knee injury

Yeah, the knee cap can slide out of place. It's called subluxation. Normally it pops back into place with pressure and knee extension. These typically get better in a few days. This is not a true dislocation. This can be prevented with knee braces.

Yeah, the knee cap can slide out of place. It's called subluxation. Normally it pops back into place with pressure and knee extension. These typically get better in a few days. This is not a true dislocation. This can be prevented with knee braces.

Subluxation is a minor dislocation that can be fairly simply fixed, but the knee cap can completely dislocate from the groove on the joint on the front of the knee. This is where the 6-8 weeks would come into play. (All according to this website I used earlier)

Subluxation is a minor dislocation that can be fairly simply fixed, but the knee cap can completely dislocate from the groove on the joint on the front of the knee. This is where the 6-8 weeks would come into play. (All according to this website I used earlier)

Agree. All depends on how much of the joint tissue was damaged, but yes can be several weeks of recovery. In my experience, if it's strictly the knee cap then it should get better in less than a week.

Agree. All depends on how much of the joint tissue was damaged, but yes can be several weeks of recovery. In my experience, if it's strictly the knee cap then it should get better in less than a week.

Hopefully nothing happened, but if it did, it's minor like that.

For what it's worth:

Peegs Premium lets the non-subscribers read each post and thread's title, and it's sometimes a pretty good way to see what the primary topics of discussion are, including those that Rabjohns is highlighting.

Thankfully, there is absolutely nothing about any form of injury in there.

EDIT: Shucks - guess it's a real issue.

I had this happen to me when I was younger and it took about that long to get back to 100%. If its true hopefully the fact that he's in great shape can help him get back sooner.

Wasn't one of Mo Creek's injuries a dislocated knee cap or something similar?

Creek actually cracked his kneecap. If I recall correctly he had issues/injuries with both knees over the course of his career at IU. Both took time to recover, but he did appear to recover fully from the injuries.

I’ve been one who has been critical of HMP's play, but hate to hear of any kid getting hurt. We’re already pretty thin at the 5. HMP, Emmitt and April - and now 2 of the 3 are injured to some point. Then there's Hartman - what he lacks in athleticism, he more than makes up for with hustle. Maybe MSB can get some time, too.