Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

5 hours ago, Josh said:

You'll turn yourself into a grumpy old man going down this path.  Embrace change, live in the now, and stop getting Covid!

I don't mind change if it helps the game but I don't see this style of offense helping the game.

4 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

If you can't run an offense in 30 second, there is an issue. 30 seconds is a long time. Still plenty of movement that can be made. But, it's just not what kids know now. They don't know how to move off ball, pass and cut etc. They see the highlights of step backs. They all want to be Curry but don't want to put in the work off the court or the off ball work he puts in. They just want the result he gets. 

That is the problem because me st of these players are not not Curry and never will be.  The thing is that bothers me more is that offenses today don't get into their offense until 15 seconds had ran off the clock.  To me it attempts to get a shot at a certain time instead of ever pass or cut trying to get a shot.

1 hour ago, killerbeezer said:

I don’t see how that doesn’t just add 15 seconds of more dribbling. 

With today's offense it probably would.  The main problem with the offense I see is that there are to much dribbling. Even when it was 45 seconds, the teams got right into their offense and took the first really good shot.  Today it seems the offense spends like 15 seconds trying to get into their offense. The reputation under RMK was he demanded 4 or 5 passes before a shot is not even close to being true. They got into the offense and if it was just one pass they took the open shot

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't mind change if it helps the game but I don't see this style of offense helping the game.

Plenty of good offenses being ran in todays game.  A good Twitter follow to point some of these out is Jordan Sperber.   Terrific breakdowns. 

10 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Plenty of good offenses being ran in todays game.  A good Twitter follow to point some of these out is Jordan Sperber.   Terrific breakdowns. 

I haven't much of that but it is more I am not a fan of the offensive style of play.  I don't like all the dribbling and ball screens.  I like watching a free flowing offense with player and ball movement by the pass.  I like seeing guys coming off screens off the ball.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I haven't much of that but it is more I am not a fan of the offensive style of play.  I don't like all the dribbling and ball screens.  I like watching a free flowing offense with player and ball movement by the pass.  I like seeing guys coming off screens off the ball.

Watch Bellarmine.  That should be the team you watch outside of IU 

5 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

https://wccsports.com/watch/?sid=475739
Only place to watch San Francisco/Loyola game today.   Both their games got cancelled and t he worked quickly to set up a non conference game on a neutral court.   Smart move by both teams.  Game that will help the winner and won’t penalize the loser.  Loyola is 19 and San Francisco is 32 in the NET.  Should be one of the games of the day 

I knew it would happen but the site is crashing.   Too many hoops hardcores trying to watch it and I’m guessing WCC doesn’t get this much traffic 

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

San Francisco up 1 at half.    Finally got it to work.   

Loyola wins it.   Really good basketball game.    Loyola positioning itself for a decent seed in March.   San Francisco looks the part of tourney team  around the 10 line 

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Hadn't seen this posted here yet. The Missouri Valley is going to be a nasty mid-major conference.

Sounds like UIC will be the last team they add.   Lost the Chicago market with Loyola leaving so they are going to add UIC 

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

New Orleans ties it up.  McNeese gets a shot clock violation.   New Orleans ball with 2 sec 

OT

This Southland tourney doesn’t count as conference games.   The conference season for them will start after this 3 day tournament