Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Good luck with your thesis.

Necessary potshot. Classy.

I never pick on posters but any disgruntled Indiana fans, it’s free game on them.

Point being, Making or missing the tournament is all the casual fan cares about. You and me and most of BTBanners are watching and caring at a different level. Seeing how we win. How we lose. How we play.

To me it’s not just about making the tournament. If that’s your metric, that’s fine by me. But making the tournament to me won’t assuage my concerns over how we are playing the games and our offensive ineptitudes. Our poor hedging that teams have taken advantage of all B1G season, that Archie hasn’t fixed.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Necessary potshot. Classy.

Sorry, but your 'I'm watching and evaluating this team at a deeper level' is the ultimate potshot.....as if you are watching and evaluating this team differently than everybody else.

And if you get no joy of IU making the tournament after missing it for so long, then I'm not sure what to say.  And it's not just 'casual fans' that care about missing or making the tournament.

USPS, you have Northern Iowa in or out?  My opinion is at best, they are just in and won't survive stolen bids.

I got them out. Win at Colorado is getting worse by the game. I think Colorado has lost 4 in a row. Next best win is South Carolina. 3 Q3 losses. That’s not going to get it done

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Sorry, but your 'I'm watching and evaluating this team at a deeper level' is the ultimate potshot.....as if you are watching and evaluating this team differently than everybody else.
And if you get no joy of IU making the tournament after missing it for so long, then I'm not sure what to say.  And it's not just 'casual fans' that care about missing or making the tournament.

Re read my original post which you took umbrage with. The deeper level comment came immediately after a comment about casual fans. Not toward any poster. Read it again. You are the one coming at me and you don’t have your facts straight. Mods liking your posts that don’t have facts straight. What a world.

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Re read my original post which you took umbrage with. The deeper level comment came immediately after a comment about casual fans. Not toward any poster. Read it again. You are the one coming at me and you don’t have your facts straight. Mods liking your posts that don’t have facts straight. What a world.

I just think it’s way off point to infer that we’re not significantly progressing under CAM when we’ve gone:

16-15

19-16

19-12 with a 20th very much teed up.

And, recruiting is excellent.

So, when the all-encompassing doom and gloom comes out when we lose a close game to an excellent team? It kinda cheeses me off.

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Nah, saying "I'm watching the game at a deeper level" is the ultimate 'I take myself too seriously' post. 

Also not what I said. But who cares about what is actually written when your motive is to attack.

I said it’s not JUST about making the tournament. I said making the tournament, won’t assuage my concerns vs not making the tournament. Of course I will take joy in making the dance and enjoy all the lead up and the game.

I just think it’s way off point to infer that we’re not significantly progressing under CAM when we’ve gone:
16-15
19-16
So, when the all-encompassing doom and gloom comes out when we lose a close game to an excellent team? It kinda cheeses me off.

I completely agree with the progressing when you look at the records. I won’t say he is recruiting has been great though. We had 5 kids in last years class and it looks like only 2 of them will be here next year. That class could have been the key to a better year over the last 2 years but we did not get enough from them to consider that class great. This years class had 1 great addition.

That being said, I am mostly pleased with Archie’s recruiting but we have have not had enough success with his players to consider his recruiting to be great.

16-15
19-16

My reactions after losses take into account the entire season and our play and how we’ve looked. If we reel off 5 straight wins and look good that would be taken into account. Imo we’ve had 4-5 games all year where we looked good. We’ve looked really bad in some. And even bad in many wins. The progress you see isn’t as apparent and as obvious to me. I’ll admit, it’s progressing and it’s better but to me it’s very minor.

Recruiting I’d describe as good, definitely not excellent, especially taking all 3 classes into account.

Nah, saying "I'm watching the game at a deeper level" is the ultimate 'I take myself too seriously' post. 

That’s how you take it. It was compared to the casual fan, just as it was written. If that is taking myself too seriously, so be it.

I do think I evaluate the game better than the casual fan, with my background and that I don’t miss a minute of the games.