Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

"Really, really good basketball players who stay in college at an excellent university long enough to get a degree, and to develop the maturity to handle life on their own in the NBA."

How'd I do?

Stuhoo I thought you would have something that would make laugh. 

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/15162263/ncaa-hits-former-southern-miss-golden-eagles-coach-donnie-tyndall-10-year-show-cause-penalty

Donnie Tyndall given a 10-year show cause ban by the NCAA for his Mississippi State infractions.  This was also not this first run-in with the NCAA.  Three former assistant coaches also received severe penalties. One was hit with an eight-year show cause, one has a seven-year penalty and the other was six years. Southern Miss also must vacate all wins in which the ineligible athletes participated and will lose four additional scholarships over the next three seasons.

Some, not all of the allegations, dealt with fraudulent course work.  So, if you're the UNoClasses, did your sphincter muscle tighten just a bit?

IMO Thornton would be an amazing get for us!! I think we go after him honestly. Idk if he will want to go to IU, because of wanting to be closer to home, but this kid is a great player and I always liked his attitude. Reminded me of Yogi his freshmen year. I say we put all our chips on this kid. If Troy leaves we only have one spot open. With all the guards we have it will be hard to see the desperate need, but I just think he could be special here. 

IMO Thornton would be an amazing get for us!! I think we go after him honestly. Idk if he will want to go to IU, because of wanting to be closer to home, but this kid is a great player and I always liked his attitude. Reminded me of Yogi his freshmen year. I say we put all our chips on this kid. If Troy leaves we only have one spot open. With all the guards we have it will be hard to see the desperate need, but I just think he could be special here. 

You have at least 10 on your list so far.

If you're in for an interesting read on Twitter go check out thortons uncle MEdwardsbball or bozich has retweeted. Straight spaZzing on the Duke staff

It's interesting. He also played 26 minutes a game as a freshman. He had plenty of opportunities. Played timid. He gave them every reason to go out and get someone else. Sure I'm biased but something doesn't add up.

7 hours ago, biteoftheapple said:

You have at least 10 on your list so far.

Something wrong with that? I don't think its 10 in discussions I have talked about transfers that others have mentioned first. Morgan, Okonoboh, Simon, Jankovic and now Thornton. Simon was in discussion as well as Morgan and Jankovic. I asked what was going on w Okonoboh, because before today it had been since November since anything was out on him. The other recruits I've talked about are ones that IU is interested in or was. What is the problem with talking about kids interested in IU or kids Crean, our coach is interested in. Literally Thornton and Jankovic are probably 2 of the only ones we haven't been linked to. Jankovic cause we literally can't and Thornton cause he transferred today!! Smh keep an eye out my list will only get longer during the off season as will every common fan of any team.

15 hours ago, BlueDevil2aHoosier said:

It's interesting. He also played 26 minutes a game as a freshman. He had plenty of opportunities. Played timid. He gave them every reason to go out and get someone else. Sure I'm biased but something doesn't add up.

My thing is yeah he was probably promised something that isn't true but all coaches make promises in some point of the recruiting process. Also if he doesn't wanna battle for minutes against frank Jackson what does that say about his charachter