Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Specific to the L'ville opening but certainly sounds like the prerequisites you could apply to IU IF we had an opening.

image.png

Cronin seems like a great fit.  Cronin has a huge buyout, but UCLA may be willing to negotiate that.  Rumor is that many aren't happy with Cronin at UCLA.  I wonder since they are both Adidas schools that Adidas could help make it happen.  

Pete Thamel - 

Sources: South Carolina has agreed to a contract extension with SEC Coach of the Year Lamont Paris. The deal will extend him through the 2029-30 season and average more than $4 million annually, pending board approval that’s set for tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Pete Thamel - 

Sources: South Carolina has agreed to a contract extension with SEC Coach of the Year Lamont Paris. The deal will extend him through the 2029-30 season and average more than $4 million annually, pending board approval that’s set for tomorrow.

Well earned. Don’t know who’ll actually land the jobs, but OSU and Louisville are gonna get a bunch of guys paid. 

25 minutes ago, JF87 said:

Cronin seems like a great fit.  Cronin has a huge buyout, but UCLA may be willing to negotiate that.  Rumor is that many aren't happy with Cronin at UCLA.  I wonder since they are both Adidas schools that Adidas could help make it happen.  

Cronin has a giant buyout. Something like 15 mil. I agree on the fit, but I imagine they’ll go after every big name imaginable 1st. 

11 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Cincinnati is hot right now

Neither of them are gonna do it, but if I were Ohio St or Louisville(or Indiana) I’d just hire Wes Miller and not worry about the job for the next 25yrs. Great young coach. 

8 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

image.thumb.png.ab40df4d74de0d859921234037376a40.png

Beard feels like kind of a sucker bet since he signed an extension like yesterday. 

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Never take this day for granted.  4 years ago we all woke up to these tourneys being cancelled.  Grateful for the hoops today 

Will never forget the canceling of the Big East tournament at halftime of St. John's-Creighton. Such a strange, strange day. 

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Will never forget the canceling of the Big East tournament at halftime of St. John's-Creighton. Such a strange, strange day. 

I remember going to a meeting at work about how there's this bad flu going around and we may all have to work from home for 2 weeks, maybe 3 if it's really bad. Lol... what a world!