Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

18 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Oakland tried to give it away but they hang on 

Wow.  I let my wife turn from the game after Oakland had blown the 8 point lead and Xavier went up 3 with under four minutes to play.  Just assumed Xavier would pull away.  Shame on me.

Cats destroying the Canes. Reed Sheppard is really good. He and Cupps play about the same way. Sheppard a bit more talented obviously. I don't like Kentucky, but I like watching Sheppard play. Breath of fresh air.

Love a shooter hunting shots and hitting them. Man, it’s been a long time. I watched a game with Sheppard and Cupps on the same team as HSers and clearly Sheppard was the better player. He dominated that game, I came away super impressed but still didn’t expect this level of play so early.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Love a shooter hunting shots and hitting them. Man, it’s been a long time. I watched a game with Sheppard and Cupps on the same team as HSers and clearly Sheppard was the better player. He dominated that game, I came away super impressed but still didn’t expect this level of play so early.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Both just have that high IQ and willing to hustle more than others. Sheppard just has all the other tools as well and the size. 20 years ago, Sheppard is a 4 year monster at UK.

22 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Heck of a set ran by Oral Robert’s to tie the game up with Kansas St with 1.5 to go.  

Kansas st survives.   Always hate OT for the mid majors at high major arenas.  Most of the time can’t catch a break and they got a bad whistle in that OT 

11 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Cats destroying the Canes. Reed Sheppard is really good. He and Cupps play about the same way. Sheppard a bit more talented obviously. I don't like Kentucky, but I like watching Sheppard play. Breath of fresh air.

I view Sheppard as a 2023 updated clone of Alford.  Greater shooter and consummate team player.  He might be a tad more athletic than Alford was.