Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

5 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

There are many aspects to coaching. Some Crean was good at, others he wasn't. 

He was good at individual player development. He also had some very efficient offenses.

He isn't a good game coach. He also had problems maintaining a consistent level of competition. This was due to his inconsistent recruiting and taking too many chances on players he thought he could develop.

Agreed. Indiana was exciting to watch from a pace and speed standpoint when he was the coach. They played so quick and he really was with the times as far as shooting the 3 pt. 

6 minutes ago, FortWayneHoosier said:

Agreed. Indiana was exciting to watch from a pace and speed standpoint when he was the coach. They played so quick and he really was with the times as far as shooting the 3 pt. 

They also turned the ball over on about every third possession and played no defense. Retrospect is often much kinder than the reality of what was happening at the time. 

3 minutes ago, cthomas said:

They also turned the ball over on about every third possession and played no defense. Retrospect is often much kinder than the reality of what was happening at the time. 

I did leave that part out. They at one time from my short memory were averaging like 18 turnovers a game lol. 

This is true. Also true is we have sucked ever since crean and that needs to change. Sooner the better

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, cthomas said:

The random person Wisconsin pulled from the stands just scored again.

His offenses could put points up if they were allowed to get out an run.  Muck it up and force them into the half court? It could get ugly.

28 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

This is true. Also true is we have sucked ever since crean and that needs to change. Sooner the better

No argument from me. But it was pretty clear at the end that Crean wasn't the answer. He couldn't capitalize on his really good teams with Zeller and Yogi. I thought Crean was a good guy and had some ability to coach offense, but everything else was a mess. I didn't like how it ended but couldn't see a way forward for Coach Crean.

14 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

lol Stanford blew this game in regulation and now Arkansas blows it by not fouling up 3.  Kids throws in one tie it.   2 OT.   Delivering 

Arkansas wins it.   Same kid missed one to send it to 3OT 

No argument from me. But it was pretty clear at the end that Crean wasn't the answer. He couldn't capitalize on his really good teams with Zeller and Yogi. I thought Crean was a good guy and had some ability to coach offense, but everything else was a mess. I didn't like how it ended but couldn't see a way forward for Coach Crean.
100 percent agreed. I was probably a leader of the fire tom crean crew. Minus the idiots thru 08 till 11. I am not against Woodson yet but am close. I wasn't impressed last year. Improvements from Archie don't get us where we need to be.

Look at all these so called coaches winning games with less than 75% of points made from 3. It’s laughable. Yes, Purdue beat Tennessee yesterday but with only 4 3-pointers! Basically that means Matt Painter lost to Tennessee. Musselman’s Arkansas team had 2 OTs to pile on the 3 pointers against Stanford. His team only hit 5 in 50 minutes of play. Their win, also a loss. Don’t get me started on Bill Self. 4 3’s?! That’s it?? While they scored more points today, clearly they actually lost with such few points from 3. Coach Bennett at UVa? What a trash human. His team only hit 4/18 3’s against lowly UWv. That well run institution will surely be firing Bennett shortly. A win without many 3’s do not count. Dusty May? What a clown with a November loss.

This board is very insightful. Thank you so much for wonderful knowledge about 3 point > win/loss. 

Look at all these so called coaches winning games with less than 75% of points made from 3. It’s laughable. Yes, Purdue beat Tennessee yesterday but with only 4 3-pointers! Basically that means Matt Painter lost to Tennessee. Musselman’s Arkansas team had 2 OTs to pile on the 3 pointers against Stanford. His team only hit 5 in 50 minutes of play. Their win, also a loss. Don’t get me started on Bill Self. 4 3’s?! That’s it?? While they scored more points today, clearly they actually lost with such few points from 3. Coach Bennett at UVa? What a trash human. His team only hit 4/18 3’s against lowly UWv. That well run institution will surely be firing Bennett shortly. A win without many 3’s do not count. Dusty May? What a clown with a November loss.

This board is very insightful. Thank you so much for wonderful knowledge about 3 point > win/loss. 
So we good with 1 for 14?

49 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

100 percent agreed. I was probably a leader of the fire tom crean crew. Minus the idiots thru 08 till 11. I am not against Woodson yet but am close. I wasn't impressed last year. Improvements from Archie don't get us where we need to be.

Once again, I am right there with you. I love CMW as a person and loved him as a player. But, in this job he will be judged by the performance on the court. I want him to be the guy who brings us back to prominence so that the next guy takes over a top program. Man, I've been watching since the Archie Dees days and have seen a lot. Hopefully we can get back to that level of success.