Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

17 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Probably didn’t get to show off the 3 point shot as much as he should of this year.  Not sure if that was a coaching decision or not but he can definitely stretch the floor.   He would be one I keep an eye on.   He chose ISU to he closer to home.  My guess is there will be interest from both sides 

I'm guessing he could be ours if we push. Yeah only 10-32 from 3 pt range but not a huge sample size. He was a pretty good shooter in high school correct?

18 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

47% FG / 78% FT.        I'll have to strongly disagree that he can shoot the 3 ball.  This season he only attempted 32 making 10 for 31%.  In fairness, in the 19-20 season he was 11-27 for 41%.    But only attempting 1 per game over 2 seasons isn't my definition of a 3-point shooter.  

Jake can shoot it.

That having been said, I fully realize that there is a trend under CAM; Steph Curry might get the yips on the current IU squad!

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Jake can shoot it.

That having been said, I fully realize that there is a trend under CAM; Steph Curry might get the yips on the current IU squad!

Hypothetically, if Jake were to end up at IU, would he have to give up his gig at State Farm? 

16 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm guessing he could be ours if we push. Yeah only 10-32 from 3 pt range but not a huge sample size. He was a pretty good shooter in high school correct?

Yep.  He shot it very well.   That would probably be a good guess on him going to IU if they push.   

20 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Justin Powell is transferring from Auburn.   Freshman that looked really good at times this year for them.   Shooter who played on Indiana Elite.  He is originally from Kentucky 

Played in 10 games; started 7; 275 minutes on the court.  11.7 ppg; 6.1 rpg; 4.7 assists (4 games with 6+ assists); 1 stl; 2.6 TO.  43% FG; 44% on 3s (19-43); 77% FT.  He suffered a severe concussion on Jan. 2, against Texas A&M and hasn't appeared in a game since.

Could be some cause for Kansas heading into tournament play.

Kansas junior forward David McCormack and sophomore forward Tristan Enaruna have been put into COVID-19 protocols “semi-recently” and will be unavailable for the Big 12 tournament, head coach Bill Self said during a media availability Tuesday.  “We will anticipate having them next weekend, but not this weekend,” Self said.

But the bigger issue could be for the Big Dance.  All Tier 1 participants have to show seven consecutive negative COVID-19 tests before arriving in Indianapolis for the NCAA tournament.

Just now, Ryno6284 said:

Wow, Cleveland St. huddled on the court prior to going in to the locker at halftime!  That is interesting and different!

Coach Gates ain’t playing around. 

His team on the other hand? They’re playing ...really well.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Coach Gates ain’t playing around. 

His team on the other hand? They’re playing ...really well.

First time watching them this year.  Man, they attack the basket like I wish we would!