Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Tom Crean Radio Show - 11/3/14 Live Updates

And maybe that's the problem.  Apparently you can do whatever you want and disgrace the program however you see fit as long as you do it between the end of the NCAA tournament and the start of the next school year.  I can also agree that what Holt did was worse than what Yogi did, but that doesn't mean that Yogi doesn't also deserve some time of punishment involving playing time.  It's not like you can only punish one player and you have to choose between the two of them. 

Can I also just emphasize for those reading this thread that Stan Robinson now has two failed drug tests and one arrest for minor consumption within one year (with the second drug test apparently coming less than six weeks after his arrest) and his punishment from the program is that he has to sit for two regular-season (but still pre-conference) basketball games?  Really???

My comment had nothing to do with coulda, woulda, shoulda, I was just answering his question with what I believed the answer to be.

Because what you're saying now is, Stan got in trouble again, suspend him, Troy got in trouble again, suspend him, Yogi got in trouble in April but not since, go ahead and toss him a suspension too, while you're at it.

Do you still have the post in the "Yogi and Stan arrested for using a fake id" thread, where you advocated suspending them for a few games to start this season? I'd be interested in reading it.

No worries, sorry if it seemed blunt. It's been a commonly misunderstood point in the thread thus far. I think the truth is far more cringeworthy. He was there ready to admit part of the truth and was blindsided by all the skeletons in the closet.

I think he went on the show NOT KNOWING that people had been told and when the phone lines opened to a bunch of people who had been pissed for 20 mins and were reacting like little kids, if you ask me, and he didn't know that was going to be the type caller he would face.

My comment had nothing to do with coulda, woulda, shoulda, I was just answering his question with what I believed the answer to be.

Because what you're saying now is, Stan got in trouble again, suspend him, Troy got in trouble again, suspend him, Yogi got in trouble in April but not since, go ahead and toss him a suspension too, while you're at it.

Do you still have the post in the "Yogi and Stan arrested for using a fake id" thread, where you advocated suspending them for a few games to start this season? I'd be interested in reading it.

Oh, I've been on Yogi since the beginning of everything. I know enough to have never bought into the "Yogi the Choir Boy" narrative that was pushed around here by so many. If I didn't specifically state a desire to have Yogi and Stan suspended for a few games when all of it happened, it may have been because I was naive enough to believe that it should have gone without stating. I am anything but inconsistent around here when it comes to my views on discipline within the IU basketball, to the point where my view has come under attack in the past when the belief was that Crean was running a program that was 100% clean in every possible way. I stood my ground then and will continue to do so now. Understand that I take no delight in what has happened AT ALL because at the end of the day, I love IU basketball and hate to see all of this, but none of this is "news" to me and my position on things is unchanged.

Just so everyone remembers, Yogi lied about being arrested on Twitter. That's how stupid he thought we all were that day. 

Yogi is the guy that Crean set up as the leader on this team. The only two upper classmen with any chops at all are Yogi and Hanner. With have had issues with alcohol and the law.

Crean is at fault here for not dealing with the Hanner, Yogi, Stanford and Holt/Davis issues. Now we have Troy and Stanford with drug test failure, too. 

And Crean screwed up the opportunity to make a statement to this team. Suspend them for 2 exhibition games and 2 cupcakes. That will show them.

"I love those guys.  I have guys that didn't make the NBA, it doesn't make a difference.  You don't like their actions, but you love them."

Crean sounds really beaten up.

Again, what’s your point? He screwed the pooch on this one, and deserves to be beaten up. This is his program, and he’s messed it up. Yeah, he pulled us out of the mess that Sampson created, what good did it do to let it fall back into a similar state.

He should be. He’s fumbled this whole situation much worse than anyone could imagine. He is an embarrassment to MY university. 

I was just observing. Which was the whole point of this page originally. Also, it isn't just your university. It is OUR university.

Again, what’s your point? He screwed the pooch on this one, and deserves to be beaten up. This is his program, and he’s messed it up. Yeah, he pulled us out of the mess that Sampson created, what good did it do to let it fall back into a similar state.

Don't shoot the messenger my man. I was just giving play by play of what was said.

Don't shoot the messenger my man. I was just giving play by play of what was said.

Fair enough. But I stand my my post. Is pulling the Hoosier program out of the cesspool only to let it slip back in really an accomplishment?

Yogi is the guy that Crean set up as the leader on this team. The only two upper classmen with any chops at all are Yogi and Hanner. With have had issues with alcohol and the law.

Crean is at fault here for not dealing with the Hanner, Yogi, Stanford and Holt/Davis issues. Now we have Troy and Stanford with drug test failure, too. 

And Crean screwed up the opportunity to make a statement to this team. Suspend them for 2 exhibition games and 2 cupcakes. That will show them.

This isn't Stan's first time failing drugs tests.  He did last summer too, with the arrest in between.  And he's getting what is essentially a two game suspension.  Way to hold him accountable, Tom.

Fair enough. But I stand my my post. Is pulling the Hoosier program out of the cesspool only to let it slip back in really an accomplishment?

If you think the program is anywhere near where it was after Sampson, then you need to look back and remember/read what the program was actually like back then. I don't know when you put your years in, but it would take a couple more weeks as bad as this last one before we're back in that territory. 

If you think the program is anywhere near where it was after Sampson, then you need to look back and remember/read what the program was actually like back then. I don't know when you put your years in, but it would take a couple more weeks as bad as this last one before we're back in that territory. 

We may not be there yet, but we’re not far from it, and it would appear that we’re headed back in that direction. I hope it doesn’t happen, but at the same time, I am not sure CTC is the guy for this job.

Pulling it out of where we were and getting the fans back, while pulling off outstanding APR? Yes, that was above and beyond excellent. Letting it slip away? Absolutely not. They are 2 separate events.

Pulling it out of where we were and getting the fans back, while pulling off outstanding APR? Yes, that was above and beyond excellent. Letting it slip away? Absolutely not. They are 2 separate events.

Yes, they are separate events, but they are related. The trick is for Crean to get these guys to act like responsible young adults, go to glass, get acceptable grades, win a few ball games and not keep driving off the rails. Not sure Crean can do that with the bunch he’s recruited.

Yes, they are separate events, but they are related. The trick is for Crean to get these guys to act like responsible young adults, go to glass, get acceptable grades, win a few ball games and not keep driving off the rails. Not sure Crean can do that with the bunch he’s recruited.

Agreed

How can you say he didn't deal with the Holt/Davis issue? It happened this last weekend and Holt received a suspension and Davis' injury is unfortunate and punishment enough. I agree that the other things weren't handled properly but the Holt thing was handled. 
My question for people is what should he have done about Yogi/Stan fake ID issue? It was during the offseason. Should he have waited all offseason to suspend them for games? Maybe withheld them from the Canada trip?