Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

The Suns really do not want to pay Ayton. So there have been rumors of them trading him to the Pacers, mostly because we expressed interest in a trade at the deadline involving Domas before that either fell apart and/or the Hali trade became a thing. The idea of giving Ayton a max is terrifying. He absolutely is not worth it, or really close to worth it. I don't even want Ayton in general. 

58 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

The Suns really do not want to pay Ayton. So there have been rumors of them trading him to the Pacers, mostly because we expressed interest in a trade at the deadline involving Domas before that either fell apart and/or the Hali trade became a thing. The idea of giving Ayton a max is terrifying. He absolutely is not worth it, or really close to worth it. I don't even want Ayton in general. 

Half the league now believes they are worth a max. 

4 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

Whats this even based on

Not literally half. But too many. Max contracts need to be left for the Curry, Giannis and LeBrons of the game. I'd say the only players worth a max or "super max"

Jayson Tatum

Giannis Antetokounmpo

Joel Embiid

Kevin Durant

Devin Booker

Ja Morant

Steph Curry

Luka Doncic

Nikola Jokic

Kawhi Leonard

Paul George

LeBron James

Anthony Davis

Damian Lillard

Dudes on the fence....

Jimmy Butler

Jaylen Brown

Khris Middleton

Kyrie Irving

Trae Young

Bradley Beal

Karl Anthony-Towns

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

The FUTURE: Anthony Edwards, LaMelo Ball, Cade Cunningham, Scottie Barnes, Evan Mobley, Jalen Suggs, Jonathan Kuminga, Jabari Smith, Paolo Banchero, Jaden Ivey, Keegan Murray. 

30 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Not literally half. But too many. Max contracts need to be left for the Curry, Giannis and LeBrons of the game. I'd say the only players worth a max or "super max"

Jayson Tatum

Giannis Antetokounmpo

Joel Embiid

Kevin Durant

Devin Booker

Ja Morant

Steph Curry

Luka Doncic

Nikola Jokic

Kawhi Leonard

Paul George

LeBron James

Anthony Davis

Damian Lillard

Dudes on the fence....

Jimmy Butler

Jaylen Brown

Khris Middleton

Kyrie Irving

Trae Young

Bradley Beal

Karl Anthony-Towns

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

The FUTURE: Anthony Edwards, LaMelo Ball, Cade Cunningham, Scottie Barnes, Evan Mobley, Jalen Suggs, Jonathan Kuminga, Jabari Smith, Paolo Banchero, Jaden Ivey, Keegan Murray. 

Geez…

I know I may be nitpicking, but Jimmy Butler is so much more valuable than anyone else in that second tier.

Part of the problem of “too many guys want a max” is the payroll cap, tax, and player max structure itself. For instance, on a wins per dollar basis, the very best players are actually worth well over the max to their team. Now of course they’re able to make endorsement $, and are still quite rich, though remember the folks writing the checks are usually far richer. But the max actually tamps down the pay of, say, Giannis or Jokic versus what they’d make in a more flexible structure like what MLB has.

The domino effect here is that there’s actually more left in the pool of total player salaries for the fringe all-star types all the way on down to dependable backup Cs, or young players who hit free agency with some track record indicating they could pop a level or whatever.

You can imagine a world in which, say, Giannis gets $70M/year, Middleton and Jrue Holiday get close to the current max, and so on. If so, no more than two of those three are Bucks, and some other team would happily pay the third. But there might be much less left for Brook Lopez, Grayson Allen, Pat Connaughton, Bobby Portis, etc., so you can see why the players union — which by percentage is mostly the latter type — prefers the first-team all-league guys take a discount, if that’s what’s on the table from the owners.

4 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Jayson Tatum

Giannis Antetokounmpo

Joel Embiid

Kevin Durant

Devin Booker

Ja Morant

Steph Curry

Luka Doncic

Nikola Jokic

Kawhi Leonard

Paul George

LeBron James

Anthony Davis

Damian Lillard

Dudes on the fence....

Jimmy Butler

Jaylen Brown

Khris Middleton

Kyrie Irving

Trae Young

Bradley Beal

Karl Anthony-Towns

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

I find it hard to put Murray on that list before Chet. Also eh Suggs has a ways to go to evem think about a max

If I were Minny I'd put more thought into Edwards than KAT at this point. 

6 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Thought I wanted him over Keegan Murray but I’m having my doubts.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I mean Keegan can get his own shot. Mathurin couldn't. He is younger, so I suppose that implies more room for growth. But yah, not being able to create for yourself in college is pretty discouraging

1 hour ago, KingPG21 said:

I mean Keegan can get his own shot. Mathurin couldn't. He is younger, so I suppose that implies more room for growth. But yah, not being able to create for yourself in college is pretty discouraging

I have the Pacers taking Murray, but it all depends on if someone like Dyson Daniels, Shaedon Sharpe or someone goes in the Top 5. Why the Pacers were kinda screwed dropping to 6th. There was a clear top 5 to me. Plenty of question marks from Daniels, Mathurin and an insane amount for Sharpe. 

8 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Thought I wanted him over Keegan Murray but I’m having my doubts.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Like them both, probably prefer Mathurin a bit, and would take either, no problem. I assume those are the guys, along with maybe Daniels. Would be pretty surprised if it’s Sharpe. I think the Pacers are too risk averse and locked in on an immediate rotation piece for a move like that. 

Who you guys got in Game 5 Warriors - C's? 

Probably the game the decides the series imo.

Tough game for GS, Williams looks to back for the C's, they've won every game so far after a loss in the playoffs, they led almost the whole of Game 4 until Curry's heroics pushed GS over the top in the 4th. C's look like the better overall team at this point with guys like Draymond playing mediocre to bad ball and Curry having to put GS on his back, but then Looney and Poole have stepped up and Wiggins is looking good, and we know GS/Curry know what's coming, should be an all out war of a game.

I've got GS in 7. Not super optimistic at this point, but I'm going all in for Curry's heroics, best player on the court by a country mile, Tatum notwithstanding.

47 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Who you guys got in Game 5 Warriors - C's? 

Probably the game the decides the series imo.

Tough game for GS, Williams looks to back for the C's, they've won every game so far after a loss in the playoffs, they led almost the whole of Game 4 until Curry's heroics pushed GS over the top in the 4th. C's look like the better overall team at this point with guys like Draymond playing mediocre to bad ball and Curry having to put GS on his back, but then Looney and Poole have stepped up and Wiggins is looking good, and we know GS/Curry know what's coming, should be an all out war of a game.

I've got GS in 7. Not super optimistic at this point, but I'm going all in for Curry's heroics, best player on the court by a country mile, Tatum notwithstanding.

I think Boston wins tonight unless Draymond and Klay find their groove. Boston doesn't just have a good core, it's great and young. And they drafted most of it. 

2014: Marcus Smart #6

2016: Jaylen Brown #3

2017: Jayson Tatum #3

2018: Robert Williams #27

2019: Grant Williams #22

2020: Aaron Nesmith #14

2020: Peyton Pritchard #26

If the Warriors win it all...

Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond and Andre Iguodala will have 4 rings with the Warriors and Kevin Looney will have 3. Warriors drafted Curry, Thompson, Draymond and Looney. 

Warriors also drafted Jordan Poole.

Juan Toscano-Anderson has only played for the Warriors after being undrafted. 

Moses Moody and Kuminga we're just drafted by the Warriors(and they still have Wiseman in the waiting). 

Definitely a culture that's been built there and they have young studs that can learn and carry it on. 

9 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I think Boston wins tonight unless Draymond and Klay find their groove. Boston doesn't just have a good core, it's great and young. And they drafted most of it. 

2014: Marcus Smart #6

2016: Jaylen Brown #3

2017: Jayson Tatum #3

2018: Robert Williams #27

2019: Grant Williams #22

2020: Aaron Nesmith #14

2020: Peyton Pritchard #26

Hell of a 3d Q for Boston but Wiggins brought his best game and Klay found his stroke. That GS won despite Curry not a hitting a 3 first time in forever says a lot for GS

11 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

If the Warriors win it all...

Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond and Andre Iguodala will have 4 rings with the Warriors and Kevin Looney will have 3. Warriors drafted Curry, Thompson, Draymond and Looney. 

Warriors also drafted Jordan Poole.

Juan Toscano-Anderson has only played for the Warriors after being undrafted. 

Moses Moody and Kuminga we're just drafted by the Warriors(and they still have Wiseman in the waiting). 

Definitely a culture that's been built there and they have young studs that can learn and carry it on. 

I’ve said bf I’m not really a GS fan but i love the way they built from the ground up - and Mark Jackson deserves some early credit. GS followed the Spurs model