Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

5 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

No thanks. There are a ton of guys I'd rather have than Zeller. 

Agreed, although I do think that Zeller is being underused in Charlotte, Kaminsky is horrible, yet plays the same amount of minutes as Zeller. 

Yeah, with Steph who is literally a video game character. Klay, Bogut, Igoudala, Lee before he started sucking, Barnes. And that team lost in the first round. 

But he had a still injury prone Steph and Barnes was a rookie. And putting Barnes as a starter was "genius" by Kerr.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, IUfan_Charlie said:

Agreed, although I do think that Zeller is being underused in Charlotte, Kaminsky is horrible, yet plays the same amount of minutes as Zeller. 

Yeah. I don't hate Zeller. But like I want a guy who is a defensive stud, which Zeller isn't. Plus,  Cody tested out amazing as an athlete at the combine...... but watching the Hornets does anyone really sit back and say, "Wow that guy is an amazing athlete". If we could get a guy like a WCS next to Turner going forward that would be great, because honestly as of right now Turner isn't that great defensively outside of blocking shots. 

Ian is a really good compliment defensively..... but he doesn't really have the offensive skill set to compliment Turner

Kaminsky was just another terrible pick by the Hornets. They had Zeller, signed Hansbrough, had Marvin Williams and Spencer Hawes.. then you draft Frank Kaminsky.

1 hour ago, KingPG21 said:

Jackson is a bad coach. A number of Pacers fans want us to hire him, and I just don't get it. Look at Golden State with Jackson, and now without Jackson. Dude was holding that team back. 

Don't like Mark Jackson, for a number of reasons. 

3 hours ago, Treesh said:

I'll never watch basketball again if they hire Jackson or JFG.

The only people i want to coach my Lakers next year include Walton, Messina, Ollie, Blatt. 

dude hasn't coach basketball since i was in middle school. Basketball has changed since then. Lakers need Young blood to coach. 

1 hour ago, KingPG21 said:

Jackson is a bad coach. A number of Pacers fans want us to hire him, and I just don't get it. Look at Golden State with Jackson, and now without Jackson. Dude was holding that team back. 

Exactly. If JVG or Jackson were great coaches, they would be coaching the Nets, Suns, Wizards, Wolves, Kings. 

Just now, Treesh said:

dude hasn't coach basketball since i was in middle school. Basketball has changed since then. Lakers need Young blood to coach. 

I sorta like the idea of hiring Walton and letting him grow with the team. Not sure if his resume is good enough though, GSW is so good, tough to tell if he was really making a big impact as IHC. 

Just now, IUfan_Charlie said:

I sorta like the idea of hiring Walton and letting him grow with the team. Not sure if his resume is good enough though, GSW is so good, tough to tell if he was really making a big impact as IHC. 

Has great ties to Lakers organization. Would be a great fit for our young core. Plus, he knows the best system in the NBA right now, which every team should try to emulate. 

Exactly. If JVG or Jackson were great coaches, they would be coaching the Nets, Suns, Wizards, Wolves, Kings. 

That's a really bad assumption. JVG can be selective about when or if he actually wants to return. Whether a coach does or doesn't take one of those jobs has nothing to do with whether they are a good coach or not. Although I don't think Jackson is a good coach at all.

36 minutes ago, dalton26 said:

That's a really bad assumption. JVG can be selective about when or if he actually wants to return. Whether a coach does or doesn't take one of those jobs has nothing to do with whether they are a good coach or not. Although I don't think Jackson is a good coach at all.

He's not good enough for the Lakers. Lakers have messed up the last three times. I'm convinced it was all calculated. 

We can't possibly mess up again.  NBA is losing millions and millions of dollars with the Lakers sucking. Silver will make sure the Lakers don't mess up. 

He's not good enough for the Lakers. Lakers have messed up the last three times. I'm convinced it was all calculated. 

We can't possibly mess up again.  NBA is losing millions and millions of dollars with the Lakers sucking. Silver will make sure the Lakers don't mess up. 

Right now, everyone is good enough for the Lakers. Kobe and the people in charge have destroyed and made it a toxic environment.

Stan Van Gundy is a very good coach. Very straight forward person. Could have won a title in Houston if not for injuries to Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady. The Lakers missed by not signing Thibs. But the T'Wolves are a hella better organization right now and have amazing pieces in Karl Anthony-Towns and Andrew Wiggins. The Lakers have Swaggy P.

24 minutes ago, X-Hoosier said:

Stan Van Gundy is a very good coach. Very straight forward person. Could have won a title in Houston if not for injuries to Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady. The Lakers missed by not signing Thibs. But the T'Wolves are a hella better organization right now and have amazing pieces in Karl Anthony-Towns and Andrew Wiggins. The Lakers have Swaggy P.

But that was back when i was a kid. NBA has changed so much from T-Mac days.

Thibs wanted full control of the organzation and that wasn't going to happen. No way would we ever give some outside the keys to the classic car (lakers ;) )

Many laker fans didn't want thibs. He was fired for a reason. He might be a good coach but he demands way too much from his players and overworks them. I wouldn't be surprised if KAT or Andrew have a torn ACL by the time Thibs is done there. 

We are waiving Nick Young this summer, i promise you he won't be a Laker next year.

Give me Ollie, Walton, Messina, or Blatt. Kevin Ollie would be an amazing land. Could help get KD and Russell to LA. 

Stan coached Miami and Orlando. Jeff coached houston.

But that was back when i was a kid. NBA has changed so much from T-Mac days.

Thibs wanted full control of the organzation and that wasn't going to happen. No way would we ever give some outside the keys to the classic car (lakers ;) )

Many laker fans didn't want thibs. He was fired for a reason. He might be a good coach but he demands way too much from his players and overworks them. I wouldn't be surprised if KAT or Andrew have a torn ACL by the time Thibs is done there. 

We are waiving Nick Young this summer, i promise you he won't be a Laker next year.

Give me Ollie, Walton, Messina, or Blatt. Kevin Ollie would be an amazing land. Could help get KD and Russell to LA. 

There is a 0% chance that KD is going to LA. He's staying in OKC or going to Miami. And why Kevin Ollie? Such an average coach? Yea he's won a title.. but that team in the overall season was pretty average. I don't get the hype around him. Not when there are proven men like JVG.

13 minutes ago, X-Hoosier said:

There is a 0% chance that KD is going to LA. He's staying in OKC or going to Miami. And why Kevin Ollie? Such an average coach? Yea he's won a title.. but that team in the overall season was pretty average. I don't get the hype around him. Not when there are proven men like JVG.

Major connections in the NBA. Connections to KD/Russell. Connects great with his players and his a great overall defensive coach. Has major potential. 

KD isn't going to Miami lol. He has no connections down there and that fact him and D-Wade are not that close. Lakers/Warriors/OKC/ will be his meetings this summer. 

JVG can stick to his day job on ESPN.