Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

32 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

I think we agree on everything actually. 

I just think complaining about stuff from this offseason is weird. Outside of trading up for Kuminga or Suggs in the draft I don't really see what they could have done to get a super star or future super star

Yeah it was a fair strategy this year.  I think it’s just a disheartening reminder that it’s their strategy every year. 

56 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

They've done a great job in trades. Turned a guy who didn't want to be here into a guy that was third team all NBA good before injuries, along with a guy that has been in back to back all star games. Then they turned a guy who is hyper inefficient into an upgrade on a better contract with more guaranteed yyears. Saying they've been bad in trades is just wrong. 

Also its important for a franchise like this to not commit to bad contracts. Who is the worst contract on the Pacers, like TJM now? I don't love everything the Pacers do, but you act like we're the Kings or Cavs

Brogdon is a bad contract. Warren is likely in his last season before he gets to walk in free agency for nothing. But it's the trades they didn't make to build for the future that have hurt them. Not trading Thad Young, Bogdanovic, Cory Joseph, Tyreke Evans for literally anything after Vic got hurt. Instead content with getting their butts whooped in the 1st round and allowing all of them to walk for nothing. And Thad and Bogey had really good value at that time so you probably could have grabbed a first or even some young talent off contending teams. 

Hopefully Duarte actually works out. Jackson is a good project. But that drafting history is still badly tainted by TJ Leaf, Aaron Holiday didn't come around like people figured and Goga is never healthy at any point. The Pacers gotta do better everywhere. This summer was the perfect time to trade Brogdon sand Warren.. instead sat on their hands. 

17 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Have the Pacers ever had a superstar? Im not sure Reggie was considered a superstar in his prime and the Pacers were a contender for a few years.

Yeah that’s fair but I feel like back then you could win without superstars.  But the league has changed since then.  

On 8/5/2021 at 9:57 PM, Alford Bailey said:

Have the Pacers ever had a superstar? Im not sure Reggie was considered a superstar in his prime and the Pacers were a contender for a few years.

Define "superstar."  I mean they have had several HoFers during their history.  But I see what you are saying, none of Reggie's years was he ever deemed the best player in the league nor would have he probably ever been considered one of the top 5.  But the Pacers had a team that was worthy of winning the championship a few times.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

A future built backcourt of Suggs-Bouknight goes above trying to keep Fultz and Anthony happy. Wagner was just a bad pick. 

They just gave Fultz a $50,000,000 extension so they are definitely going to be playing him when he's healthy and they also have Gary Harris and RJ Hampton at the 2. And you can't honestly be saying that Wagner is a bad pick after 1 summer league game... I agree that Bouknight likely ends up being the better player but you can't just make a statement like that this soon. The Magic have almost no wing depth and they had Wagner as the best available forward. 

2 hours ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

They just gave Fultz a $50,000,000 extension so they are definitely going to be playing him when he's healthy and they also have Gary Harris and RJ Hampton at the 2. And you can't honestly be saying that Wagner is a bad pick after 1 summer league game... I agree that Bouknight likely ends up being the better player but you can't just make a statement like that this soon. The Magic have almost no wing depth and they had Wagner as the best available forward. 

Wagner was a bad pick when they picked him. You don't always go by need. Hampton can play the 3 and Harris is good to warm the bench. Fultz is just a trade piece at that point. 

3 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Wagner was a bad pick when they picked him. You don't always go by need. Hampton can play the 3 and Harris is good to warm the bench. Fultz is just a trade piece at that point. 

Hampton is 6'4 175, he can't play the 3. 

I still wanted Moody, but Duarte has made about as good of a first impression as you can in Summer League. Hopefully he can contribute this year. 

And how about Duane Washington? That dude might mess around and end up on a roster someday. 

Just now, Hovadipo said:

I still wanted Moody, but Duarte has made about as good of a first impression as you can in Summer League. Hopefully he can contribute this year. 

And how about Duane Washington? That dude might mess around and end up on a roster someday. 

In today's league, shoot, defend and repeat. 

Sixers signing Embiid to a 4yr/196 mil extension. Last yr is a player option. Now signed for 261 mil through 26-27. He’s a great player and you have to do it. But you’re only getting 60 games a yr out of him and in a couple of yrs it’s gonna be more like 50. The last couple of years of that deal could be pretty painful for Philly, particularly if they don’t win a championship, and I don’t really like their chances much.