Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

54 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Here is the Spurs lineup I want to see next season...

PG- Dillingham

SG- Keldon Johnson

SF- Jeremy Sochan

PF- Wemby

C- Edey

Why Dillingham over Topić? Curious your thoughts as I have heard both sides on this (and also arguments for Sheppard, which I happen to think will not happen in SA). Also are you saying Spurs take Edey at 8?

I have a hard time seeing Edey as anything more than a backup big.  He will be able to get buckets but these NBA point guards will make him look silly trying to cover on the other end.  

I have a hard time seeing Edey as anything more than a backup big.  He will be able to get buckets but these NBA point guards will make him look silly trying to cover on the other end.  

Maybe. He didn’t get made to look silly very much over the past 2 seasons. His hustle was phenomenal. They need to guard him on the other end and that might open up tons of space as he won’t be an easy guard on that end either.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, BtownStrength said:

Why Dillingham over Topić? Curious your thoughts as I have heard both sides on this (and also arguments for Sheppard, which I happen to think will not happen in SA). Also are you saying Spurs take Edey at 8?

They can really go with anything. This draft isn't good.

23 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Here is the Spurs lineup I want to see next season...

PG- Dillingham

SG- Keldon Johnson

SF- Jeremy Sochan

PF- Wemby

C- Edey

Dude Edey is gonna get eaten alive in pnr and with the pace. Taking all tbag space away from Wemby would be a horrible mistake

That lineup is the worst in starting 5 even with Wemby 

Taking Edey wjth a top 10 pick js a waste even in a trash draft 

56 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Dude Edey is gonna get eaten alive in pnr and with the pace. Taking all tbag space away from Wemby would be a horrible mistake

That lineup is the worst in starting 5 even with Wemby 

Taking Edey wjth a top 10 pick js a waste even in a trash draft 

Edey is just as quick, if not quicker than the big men already in the league. Jusuf Nurkic, Steven Adams, Joel Embiid, Nikola Jokic. He may not be super light on his feet but he will be fine.

15 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Edey is just as quick, if not quicker than the big men already in the league. Jusuf Nurkic, Steven Adams, Joel Embiid, Nikola Jokic. He may not be super light on his feet but he will be fine.

No he isn’t. That’s just a statement. It’s not based on anything. Dude is slow and unathletic. He can’t shoot. He is a mid passer even with gravity. He js a career back up level player 

Also the comps to Jokic and Embiid need to stop. Jokic js a generational passer who had a unique background that led to that skill set, as well as his borderline elite  hands on defense. 

Embiid is a physical marvel. Dude is a freak athletically for his size. 

Edey comps to a better Boban.

Dudes that take 3 plus years jn college don’t become stars in the league or anything but role players. It’s not because NIL either. They just simply aren’t good enough 

46 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

No he isn’t. That’s just a statement. It’s not based on anything. Dude is slow and unathletic. He can’t shoot. He is a mid passer even with gravity. He js a career back up level player 

Those guys are slow. Embiid is strong but he's still slow and torches all centers. But Edey can hang like any of the rest of them in today's game. And he got a big win today having a +7 inches on his wingspan over height.

4 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I tend to agree with you on a lot of topics but not this.  Just take the Pacers and who they have played.  Edey can’t hold up against Hali/Myles Turner in the pnr game.  He can’t go out and guard Brook Lopez on the perimeter.  The Knicks playmaking big man would pick him apart on the top of the key with his passing ability.  I don’t like Edey one bit, and I will say he has come a long way but this isn’t college.  These NBA bigs are on another level.  I will enjoy seeing someone like Myles Turner or TJD driving and dunking on his head.  In my opinion, Edey is a backup big that you can throw it into that can get buckets, but will be made to look silly by NBA point guards and big men on the defensive end.  There are a number of teams I bet that won’t even be interested at all in drafting him.

4 hours ago, IU - Kaulie said:

I tend to agree with you on a lot of topics but not this.  Just take the Pacers and who they have played.  Edey can’t hold up against Hali/Myles Turner in the pnr game.  He can’t go out and guard Brook Lopez on the perimeter.  The Knicks playmaking big man would pick him apart on the top of the key with his passing ability.  I don’t like Edey one bit, and I will say he has come a long way but this isn’t college.  These NBA bigs are on another level.  I will enjoy seeing someone like Myles Turner or TJD driving and dunking on his head.  In my opinion, Edey is a backup big that you can throw it into that can get buckets, but will be made to look silly by NBA point guards and big men on the defensive end.  There are a number of teams I bet that won’t even be interested at all in drafting him.

Literally that can be said for every big man. Basically every single Big man struggles defensively in the pnr and struggles guarding point guards. That isn't some knock on him. That's how it is for everyone.

Only joking, but I wonder how much the Timberwolves were blackmailed to throw their last two games. Never seen a team win two on the road then come home and get dominated twice like that. The other night they gave up 8 points in 19 seconds to end the half. 

OG’s probably done, real shame he was having a monster game bf he left the court — but that’s life in the League, teams that can’t stay healthy will eventually go down, just a matter of time for the Knicks imo, and hey the P’s are looking pretty good

Meh, Knicks are playing with their backs against the wall on their floor, they’re bringing the energy. We’ll see if the P’s can come back in the second, but regardless P’s will win in Indy. To win the series they have to turn the energy around 

16 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Meh, Knicks are playing with their backs against the wall on their floor, they’re bringing the energy. We’ll see if the P’s can come back in the second, but regardless P’s will win in Indy. To win the series they have to turn the energy around 

Pacers have been trash on the road in the postseason. Not convinced they win a game in New York.