Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

On 5/13/2024 at 12:37 PM, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

PSU, NW, Michigan, and Indiana...are those the only 4 teams? 

Washington, Oregon, and UCLA really up our softball profile. All 3 of those teams are in and UCLA is hosting. 

Washington has always been good. Yes those teams are the only 4 Big Ten teams.

IU just took advantage of one of the more bizarre coaching decisions I have seen.

Washington had a lefty in who was cruising through four innings. Her pitch count was not high and even more so in softball where a pitcher can throw every inning of every game there was zero reason to remove her. 

However, Washington coach did just that for a righty who IU beat up in 1/3 of an inning in the fifth to get within 4-3. Then the first pitcher comes back (this is allowed in softball) out cold and first pitch is an IU 2-run home run.

IU went from down 4-1 to up 5-4 as we head to the sixth. Washington is a legendary program with a legendary coach and has been to 30 straight NCAA Tourney's. However, If IU gets the final nine outs and wins the Huskies manager will be kicking herself and have some explaining to do.     

Before the new girl threw her first pitch I was thinking in my mind that making a change at pitcher was a strange decision.

Shonda Stanton also removed a struggling Brianna Copeland who is normally the Hoosiers best arm for Sophie Kleinman. 

With two innings left this game, it is coming down to a pitching decision by each coach with one hitting the mark and one looking like a misfire. 

Now Washington goes to a part time two-way player on the mound who has not pitched in nearly a month. Either way this will look questionable. If she does well the question is why she was not put in first as a stronger arm and if she fails it can be asked again why the cruising starter was removed.

Another IU Home Run that was out by an inch on the top of the wall and its 6-4. Huskies still struggling with who to throw after inexplicably removing first girl who was cruising.

As an aside Mizzou has strange ground rules. The top of the wall has a short fence just beyond it. Every baseball and softball game I have ever seen, one needs to clear the fence and hitting off the top of wall is in play. Not here apparently. 

And now IU three outs from losing after two massive throwing errors on what should have been a routine double play. Both teams seemingly trying to give this game away and IU may be the last one to do so. 

And now IU three outs from losing after two massive throwing errors on what should have been a routine double play. Both teams seemingly trying to give this game away and IU may be the last one to do so. 
Very lazy play in the bottom of the sixth. Very routine plays messed up there

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

IU tied the game when down to their final out but the bad luck continued as the tying double was a half-an-inch from a go-ahead home run. 7-7 to bottom 7.