Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2015) SG Matt McQuaid to MSU

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello 
Matt McQuaid has heard from UNC, Virginia, Texas, Indiana, Baylor, Creighton and others since decommitting from SMU:http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24635256/schools-reach-out-to-recent-smu-decommit-matt-mcquaid

http://www.insidethehall.com/2014/07/30/class-2015-guard-matt-mcquaid-will-visit-indiana/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+insidethehall+%28Inside+the+Hall+%7C+An+Indiana+Hoosiers+basketball+blog%29

The 6-foot-5 McQuaid averaged 15.6 points on the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League (EYBL) circuit for Team Texas Elite. He hit 46 of his 102 attempts from behind the 3-point arc in 16 games.

“I’ve been talking to coach (Tom) Crean and coach (Steve) McClain a lot,” he said. “They came to three or four of my games in Las Vegas. They really want me and they think they can develop me into a complete player and a really, really good player.”

That interest has McQuaid eyeing a fall trip to Bloomington.

“I’m going to take a visit to Indiana for sure,” McQuaid said. “Probably an official. The atmosphere (there) I’ve heard a lot (about). It’s a basketball state. I’m really looking forward to seeing that. Coach Crean is a really good coach and it’s a great opportunity.”

In addition to the interest from the Hoosiers, McQuaid noted that he’s also hearing frequently from Texas, Michigan State, LSU, Creighton and SMU, which continues to recruit him.

The most recent offer for McQuaid is from Michigan State, which he said he’ll take an unofficial visit to in the coming weeks.

“Two nights ago Michigan State offered,” he said. “I’m going to take an unofficial visit there next week while I’m up there to see family.”

Corey Evans ‏@coreyevans_10  
2015 Team Texas wing Matt McQuaid plans on cutting list after this week of play. Officials in Sept planned for Creighton, Michigan St, Texas

He just seems like a MSU type of guy.

I disagree, he looks like an Indiana guy to me! I would be super excited about landing this kid. Nice stroke and it never changes, nice and consistent shot. I'm not the biggest CTC guy but he can develop a nice guard/wing player. It would be good for this kids game, IMO

He just seems like a MSU type of guy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I disagree, he looks like an Indiana guy to me! I would be super excited about landing this kid. Nice stroke and it never changes, nice and consistent shot. I'm not the biggest CTC guy but he can develop a nice guard/wing player. It would be good for this kids game, IMO

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Don't get me wrong.  I would be excited too.  I just see how he could benefit from MSU.  

I guess we should be flattered that every kid we make an offer to seems to be followed by an offer from Tom Izzo and MSU.

I would be flattered more if we started landing them. If this gig doesn't work out, Crean can head back to Lansing and become their recruiting coordinator since him and Tom have similar tastes in players.

Corey Evans ‏@coreyevans_10  

2015 Team Texas wing Matt McQuaid Officials in Sept planned for Creighton, Michigan St, Texas
fwiw. Haven't seen any other visits set yet.

Matthew Mcquaid @mattblast3  
Headed to Creighton for my official whole row to my self good way to start off ✈️✈️