Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

2014 July Evaluation Period

[quote name="Stuhoo" post="73642" timestamp="1404960467"]Something tells me that Smits does not have the quickness to play at the high-major level.
When we don't pursue Smits, I'm gonna tear out what's left of my hair reading how "we should've taken a chance on the Indiana hs kid".[/quote]

[attachment=1002:ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1404961201.202155.jpg]

You're welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Jody Demling @jdemling 
Nice way for Trinity's Raymond Spalding to open July .. 37 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists.

Jody Demling @jdemling 
Spalding said Louisville coach Rick Pitino will watch him tomorrow in Indianapolis.

[quote name="Stuhoo" post="73644" timestamp="1404961639"]Nah...I'm already married to the most beautiful woman in the world, and I save beaucoup bucks on haircuts.

Hair is for the young and insecure, ya know![/quote]

But look how GREAT that guy looks, Stu. He was a lifelong IU fan with no other way to vent his frustration before Bosley came along. Think of all the great hair pulling you could do!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He's at the LBJ Skills Academy in Vegas. JC is my guy if we didn't get Crawford to run the point.

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello  2m
Jalen Coleman playing a lot of point guard tonight -- has gotten others involved, still was able to knock down shots from the perimeter.

KJ could be the #2 in-state guy behind JC and working his way into an offer if this eval period goes well this month.

Alex McCarthy @akmccarthy  
K.J Walton finished with 19 points tonight, 13 in the second half. He really played well as his team rallied.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0nwSyJxGaKM

Recent visit and offer. Not sure what event this is.

Garrett Tucker ‏@GTuckerF150  46s
2016 Hoop Dreams (KY) SG Eli Wright continued where he left off this spring. The explosive scorer displayed athleticism & shooting ability

Day 1 recap from the LBJ Skills Academy in Vegas. Omari Spellman and Jayson Tatum both have offers.

http://www.hardwoodinsiders.com/2014/07/lebron-james-skills-academy-day-1-recap/

The evening session opened up with another two-hour workout for the college players.  However the feel was slightly different than the morning session because in addition to the NBA scouts, there was a who’s who of college coaches lining the sidelines in anticipation of the evening high school games.  The list of head coaches included Roy Williams of the University of North Carolina, Mike Krzyzewski of Duke University, Bill Self of Kansas University, Shaka Smart of Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU), Steve Alford of the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) and numerous others.

Jalen Brunson and Omari Spellman teamed up for three on three during the morning session and were absolutely amazing. Bruson showed incredible pace and leadership skills.  He also displayed the ability to knock down the three.  Additionally Brunson was masterful at threading the needle to find the open man.  Spellman was just a walking mismatch.  On some possessions he overpowered defenders on the box and on others he displayed his feathery touch that extended all the way to the three-point line.

The last player that caught my eye was Jayson Tatum.  Tatum’s midrange game was brilliant.  He just did not miss pull up jumpers. He used his smooth ball handling to create space and incredible length to allow him to see over any defender put on him.

Day two of camp starts 9:00 am on Thursday with the high school players opening up with a workout. Be sure to lookout for our recap of day two.

Kind of interesting Crean is there. Spalding seems to be one they really want. People are saying RS became a UL lean with the offer. I saw Pitino and KJ today in Philly so...

Half-full, it makes an impact on RS that IU is making him a priority.

Half-empty, UL is feeling very good about there position there. 

May be hard to get RS from Pitino, but at least CTC is trying.

Possible. I think that full frontcourt may come into play. Do you want to start or be 3rd string? We need a big or 2 for '15. imo.

Indeed CC. That is why I have been so disappointed with the inability to get a talented front court player to replace Noah. Plenty of front court playing time available to play with the other good players (point and wings) on the team.

Coaches watched Rakocevic last night. He visited us a few months back and we offered.

Elite Academic Showcase in the far northern Chicago suburb of Waukegan. 

Class of 2016 forward Nick Rakocevic was clearly the best prospect and most talented player in the building, a lot of other players took advantage of the setting to play in front of the coaches and perform well. Among the coaches in the building included assistants from Indiana.

'16 CG from Merrillville. Was on campus a few weeks ago.

Edward Magoni ‏@EMagoni  6m
D.J. Wilkins off to a solid start in the first half with Tom Crean looking on. Unofficially with nine points.