Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

Dustin DeMuth

Dustin DeMuth gave the Timber Rattlers (21-43) a 3-0 lead in the sixth inning. Carlos Leal and Jose Pena singled with one out against Bowling Green starting pitcher Henry Centeno. DeMuth followed with a home run to right-center. The homer, DeMuth's fourth of the season.

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20150615&content_id=130784032&fext=.jsp&vkey=recap&sid=t572

FIrst time I've seen DeMuth play this year.  He went 2 for 4 at the plate.  Had the chance to give him the T-rats a lead, with runners on 1st and 2nd, but had a really weak grounder to first for the 3rd out.  

Bad day in the field with the two errors, but almost had two more, but he was able to regroup and get the throws off in time.  

Fun game last night.  My wife and I kept kicking ourselves, that we don't go to more. Minor League baseball is a blast.  $12 a seat for 3rd row behind the plate.  The T-Rats were even having a promotion that if you bought tickets for any more games this year, you would get $10 per ticket in concession coupons.  

Dustin had some really nice plays at third last night.  Went 1 for 4 at the plate.  1 BB.   His hit was a Home Run.  

Had a nice text conversation with his Mom.  When I realized who I was bidding against.  I got her number from the bid sheets, and texted her, that I wouldn't bid any more, because I couldn't bid against Family.  

Fun game last night. My wife and I kept kicking ourselves, that we don't go to more. Minor League baseball is a blast. $12 a seat for 3rd row behind the plate. The T-Rats were even having a promotion that if you bought tickets for any more games this year, you would get $10 per ticket in concession coupons.

That is great! We went to a Blue Rocks game recently and they have BOGOs on Monday nights. I spent under $50 (fees included) for 8 tickets like yours rows 3/4 behind the plate. You can't beat the value. It's so reasonable and a quicker paced game too.

DeMuth with a walkoff solo shot in the 16th last night!

Down 2-1 entering the eighth inning, the Brevard County Manatees fought back to take a 3-2 lead going into the ninth. However, after a bloop double tied the score at three, the Manatees and Jupiter Hammerheads headed to extra innings. 

Seven innings later with one out in the bottom of the 16th inning, Dustin DeMuth drove a ball off the batter's eye in straight away centerfield, winning the game 4-3 with a walk-off home run

DeMuth finished 3-for-6 on the night with the home run and two RBI, continuing to lead the Manatees offense. The first baseman is batting .340 (16-for-47) in the month of July, this after finishing June with a .325 (27-for-83) batting average and two home runs. 

DD bumped up to the AA Biloxi Shuckers!

DeMuth, 24, led the Manatees with a .287 average, six home runs and 43 RBI. The left-handed hitting corner infielder has raised his average by 75 points since April after putting up a .212 mark in the opening month, a .248 average in May, .325 in June, and .366 in July. Over his last 10 games, DeMuth is batting .361 with four multi-hit contests. 

A fifth-round draft pick by the Brewers in 2014 out of Indiana University, DeMuth is a career .284 hitter through 236 games with 14 home runs, 102 RBI, 48 doubles and five triples. DeMuth will turn 25 years old on Saturday.