Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
mdn82

NBA Draft Lottery (Cleveland at 1... Again)

That's who I would take

I can see why. But they suck defensively, mainly because they have a bunch of either bad defensive players or guys who don't give a crap on that end of the court. Parker was pretty bad defensively with Duke. They'd just be adding another bad defensive player to their lineup. 

I can see why. But they suck defensively, mainly because they have a bunch of either bad defensive players or guys who don't give a crap on that end of the court. Parker was pretty bad defensively with Duke. They'd just be adding another bad defensive player to their lineup. 

Wiggins isn't a stud on defense either. I'm sure he can chase down shots like LeBron but I don't see much past that. 

Wiggins isn't a stud on defense either. I'm sure he can chase down shots like LeBron but I don't see much past that. 

True. He is still way better than Parker on that end. But of course the Cavs will probably do it, not land LeBron this off-season, miss the playoffs again, then see Irving leave for other teams. Offense is great, but it isn't going to get you anywhere when your ceiling for defense is so low

True. He is still way better than Parker on that end. But of course the Cavs will probably do it, not land LeBron this off-season, miss the playoffs again, then see Irving leave for other teams. Offense is great, but it isn't going to get you anywhere when your ceiling for defense is so low

We can definitely agree on that... the Cavs are going to screw this up again. Hopefully the NBA never gifts them another #1 pick. They've had their chances. 

So New Orleans and Houston just completed a trade of Asik for a 2015 first round draft pick. Houston is going to contribute 1.5 million to New Orleans as well as part of the trade. New Orleans just got a lot more interesting to watch next season, Davis is going to be a freak on the perimeter defensively and will have Asik defending the rim. And Houston cleared more cap space to make a run at someone, expecting Lin to be next. 

Technically not for this draft, but still draft talk. 

I honestly dont believe vonleh is nba ready and i dont see him making a huge splash in the nba for a few years as his game needs to develop a ton on other hand ready to see who bulls get with 16 and 19th pick :)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Lol at Chronic.

@ChronicHoosier: Sending positive vibes to @NoahVonleh today. It's tough being an unemployed college drop-out, but I have a feeling things will look up soon.

Good luck today, Noah!

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

I honestly dont believe vonleh is nba ready and i dont see him making a huge splash in the nba for a few years as his game needs to develop a ton on other hand ready to see who bulls get with 16 and 19th pick :)

That would have been the case even if he came back. Again it isn't like Crean has some amazing track record of developing big guys, the argument that he would have developed a lot had he come back doesn't really hold much weight to me.

Also heard the Bulls are willing to move both picks, rather than taking on two more guys with guaranteed contracts. Given they want to try and make a run at some of the big names opting out of contracts. 

I'll be very pleasantly surprised if Sheehey gets drafted. He must've been impressive in workouts.

I'm the same way. Good for Will, don't know how realistic it would be to expect him to make the roster, but still good that he has seemingly played himself into some teams' consideration

Also latest rumors are the Magic are willing to package the 4th and 12t pick to move up to #1, and the 76ers are willing to sweeten their deal as well. 

Magic also moved Afflalo to the Nuggets for Fournier and the 56th pick, which is more for clearing salary cap than anything else

[quote name="KingPG21" post="71973" timestamp="1403807029"]Also latest rumors are the Magic are willing to package the 4th and 12t pick to move up to #1, and the 76ers are willing to sweeten their deal as well.

Magic also moved Afflalo to the Nuggets for Fournier and the 56th pick, which is more for clearing salary cap than anything else[/quote] They probably can't complete that trade without including Afflalo. That doesn't seem to be very realistic.

Personally I hope they keep their picks. I'd rather have two solid prospects than Wiggins or Parker. Orlando isn't going anywhere quickly and needs those pieces.

They probably can't complete that trade without including Afflalo. That doesn't seem to be very realistic.

Personally I hope they keep their picks. I'd rather have two solid prospects than Wiggins or Parker. Orlando isn't going anywhere quickly and needs those pieces.

I'd stay where I was at if I were them too. But I'm guessing Parker had a really good workout with them, so they fell in love with what he could bring to the court. 

[quote name="Hovadipo" post="71979" timestamp="1403808228"]I have Jabari on the Magic in a MyGM on 2k. That projects as a good team on the game...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote] Lol. Thanks for the insider info, Hova

[quote name="jurkinonthecourt" post="71980" timestamp="1403808441"]Lol. Thanks for the insider info, Hova

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.[/quote]

HOT TAKE