Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

Jakeenan Gant off the board

I'm from Missouri and have a lot of friends at Mizzou. They don't exactly pay much attention to their basketball team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I was just making a really bad joke about intel. But I know what you mean, my friend follows Mizzou pretty closely (his brother is on the football team) and he hasn't heard anything useful.

If youre too lazy to read, it basically says his coach estimates there is an 80% chance he will stay put if Gant's recruiter stays at Mizzou.

Isn't interested in UGA or GT, doubts he will be released to another SEC school, UL and IU among schools that would pursue him

[quote name="KelleyHoosh" post="61719" timestamp="1398195521"]If youre too lazy to read, it basically says his coach estimates there is an 80% chance he will stay put if Gant's recruiter stays at Mizzou.

Isn't interested in UGA or GT, doubts he will be released to another SEC school, UL and IU among schools that would pursue him[/quote]

I was too lazy to read. Hmmm we need a new assistant.

I was too lazy to read. Hmmm we need a new assistant.

I would love for Crean to go after him. It would make a lot of sense, but who knows if that option will ever be explored. Landing Gant would be awesome. Ya gotta figure with Mizzou looking for a head man that this assistant would be willing to listen to suitors. Though if you're trying to avoid instability, Crean may not be who you want as your boss right now...

I would love for Crean to go after him. It would make a lot of sense, but who knows if that option will ever be explored. Landing Gant would be awesome. Ya gotta figure with Mizzou looking for a head man that this assistant would be willing to listen to suitors. Though if you're trying to avoid instability, Crean may not be who you want as your boss right now...

Even if we don't go after that assistant, his name has been brought up with other schools, so that could even get Gant to leave Missouri. It'll all work itself out in the next week or two, we just have to wait and see. Hope we can get this guy though, would be a HUGE addition.

Breaking News UK @UKNewsBreak247

Missouri names Kim Anderson men’s basketball coach (Yahoo Sports) ift.tt/1pHJZhm

Looks like they will make a push to retain Tim Fuller who got Gant to Missouri, basically, single handed. Fuller was on the road for them this past weekend, but will be interesting to see how this shakes out. Fuller has options.

"From what I understand Tim Fuller has never met Kim Anderson and is weighing a head coaching offer."

[quote name="hoosierpap" post="63723" timestamp="1398719755"][url="https://twitter.com/UKNewsBreak247"][b]Breaking News UK[/b] [color=rgb(136,136,136)]@UKNewsBreak247[/color][/url][color=rgb(41,45,51)][font=HelveticaNeue][background=rgb(252,252,252)] Missouri names Kim Anderson men’s basketball coach (Yahoo Sports) [url="http://t.co/xV5OLFc4KB"]ift.tt/1pHJZhm[/url] Looks like they will make a push to retain Tim Fuller who got Gant to Missouri, basically, single handed. Fuller was on the road for them this past weekend, but will be interesting to see how this shakes out. Fuller has options. [url="https://twitter.com/DannyParkins"][b]Danny Parkins[/b] [color=rgb(136,136,136)]@DannyParkins[/color][/url] "From what I understand Tim Fuller has never met Kim Anderson and is weighing a head coaching offer."[/background][/font][/color][/quote] Get fuller to replace kj Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Get fuller to replace kj Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If Fuller doesn't take a head coaching job, he would be a GREAT replacement for KJ. Plus that would put IU right at the top for Gant. Possibly seal the deal.

The only downside of hiring Fuller would be the possibility/probability of him not being around long. If he is getting considered for head jobs now, he will be every offseason until he takes one. Especially if he makes an immediate impact at IU. 

If Fuller doesn't take a head coaching job, he would be a GREAT replacement for KJ. Plus that would put IU right at the top for Gant. Possibly seal the deal.

The only downside of hiring Fuller would be the possibility/probability of him not being around long. If he is getting considered for head jobs now, he will be every offseason until he takes one. Especially if he makes an immediate impact at IU. 

I would be fine with that. Pull in a few top notch signees, coach 'em up, and head out for a head coaching gig somewhere. 

Movement amongst asst. coaches isn't anything unusual.

Movement amongst asst. coaches isn't anything unusual.

I know that, but it's nice to bring in an assistant and have them stick around more than a year, for the sake of team continuity and momentum. What's Gant going to do if he follows Fuller to IU and then he bolts after 1 season?

I know that, but it's nice to bring in an assistant and have them stick around more than a year, for the sake of team continuity and momentum. What's Gant going to do if he follows Fuller to IU and then he bolts after 1 season?

Continue to play for IU until he goes to the NBA?

[quote name="KelleyHoosh" post="64295" timestamp="1398856065"]Getting fuller, if only for one year, would be worth adding gant. He is who I want most on our board, I would take him over Eron Harris and I REALLY like Eron Harris

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

Getting Fuller for a year might be worth it either way. Guy is a great assistant and when he does get an HC job it would be a branch on Crean's tree. Gant is just the frosting on the cake. And everyone knows cake without frosting is pretty disappointing.