Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ou812dude

Remember this Hoosier baller?

Would you want your son to play for Beilein if your from Indiana? Look at what he's done.
Ex 1. This great story about Austin Hatch and loyalty.
Ex 2. Identify the better talents and focus and get them. GRob and Mcgary from the loaded 2012 class.
Ex 3. Indentify fringe talents that can help your program. Spike Albrect, a quintessential Hoosier player.
Ex. 4. Sign a Mr. Basketball. Zac irvin.
When you also think of Izzo, Matta, Calipari, and Pitinos its easy to see how Creans recruiting would be slipping. Then add the rumors of Noah, mass transfers, drug/alchol issues and it probably spells doom for this staff and probably athletic admin. Glass will not make it because he signed off on the worst contract in school history regardless of his accomplishments.

Kudos to coach Beilien. I gotta admit. When they hired him, I wasn't sure that he would be able to get the job done. But now, wow what a turnaround for Michigan basketball! Great move to go ahead and honor the kids scholarship. Not sure that a lot of other coaches would do that. Great story!

The pilfering of instate talent is the behest of one Mr. Jeff Meyer. He does an amazing job recruiting. So great in fact that Kelvin Sampson hired him to help drive our program into the dirt. I seriously doubt Michigan will come out of the Beilein years unscathed. Crean had every right to break it off in Meyer last year...I just wish he had saved it for when the cameras were off. Meyer's hands weren't clean then and aren't now. You guys think Matta is a negative recruiter...Meyer makes Thad look like Dr. Phil.

Glass will not make it because he signed off on the worst contract in school history regardless of his accomplishments.

I'm really tired of people acting like Crean's contract is the "worst in school history." 

It's like they don't remember that we hired a known cheater to coach the basketball team or that we once hired a football coach who got fired by Ball State. 

I'm really tired of people acting like Crean's contract is the "worst in school history." 

It's like they don't remember that we hired a known cheater to coach the basketball team or that we once hired a football coach who got fired by Ball State. 

I don't know if I'd say it's the "worst in school history", we did give Mike Davis an undeserved raise because he played the race card.  Is giving a coach that has been wildly mediocre over the course of his career an extension with a $14 million buyout seriously stupid?

Randy-Macho-Man-Savage.jpg

All you have to do is compare Creans contract to others in his industry and then you decide. Let's take Hoiberg at Iowa St. He played there and was known as "the mayor" during his playing days. Just gave him a $600,000 raise which takes him to 2.6 over 10 years. BUYOUT 2 million if he leaves for another NCAA program or 1/2 mil for NBA. Compared to Creans 14 or 16 mil buyout? Do you really think Sampsons contract was worse? He cost us approx 700,000 to get him out of here so its not even close. Glass gets all the credit that's why his job will be in jeopardy also.

The pilfering of instate talent is the behest of one Mr. Jeff Meyer. He does an amazing job recruiting. So great in fact that Kelvin Sampson hired him to help drive our program into the dirt. I seriously doubt Michigan will come out of the Beilein years unscathed. Crean had every right to break it off in Meyer last year...I just wish he had saved it for when the cameras were off. Meyer's hands weren't clean then and aren't now. You guys think Matta is a negative recruiter...Meyer makes Thad look like Dr. Phil.

Crean looked like a fool going after Meyer; at least he did it after one of his few big wins. Now when they kick our a$$ recruiting its because they cheat and will be caught. The time has come to quit making excuses for this staff and to hold them accountable for what they don't do well and at this point its recruiting, retaining, and especially winning.

[quote name="schoosier" post="59621" timestamp="1397477667"]All you have to do is compare Creans contract to others in his industry and then you decide. Let's take Hoiberg at Iowa St. He played there and was known as "the mayor" during his playing days. Just gave him a $600,000 raise which takes him to 2.6 over 10 years. BUYOUT 2 million if he leaves for another NCAA program or 1/2 mil for NBA. Compared to Creans 14 or 16 mil buyout? Do you really think Sampsons contract was worse? He cost us approx 700,000 to get him out of here so its not even close. Glass gets all the credit that's why his job will be in jeopardy also.[/quote]

Glass is safe as our football program seems to be in excellent hands. It's all about the $ and football generates a TON more than hoops.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="Rookie33" post="59627" timestamp="1397479387"]It's all about the $ and football generates a TON more than hoops.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

This is true at almost every other school, but at Indiana basketball pays the bills.

Sent from my iphone 9 using BtownBanners

This is true at almost every other school, but at Indiana basketball pays the bills.

They're trying real hard to get football to pay too.

It's close but as of the 2010-11 year football made more revenue and slightly higher profits. Take a look at #'s 45 & 46 on this list. 

http://businessofcollegesports.com/2011/06/20/which-football-and-basketball-programs-produce-the-largest-profits/

Crean looked like a fool going after Meyer; at least he did it after one of his few big wins. Now when they kick our a$$ recruiting its because they cheat and will be caught. The time has come to quit making excuses for this staff and to hold them accountable for what they don't do well and at this point its recruiting, retaining, and especially winning.

Not making excuses for the staff at all. I have no affinity for the staff as is. That being said, Meyer is a phenom in negative recruiting...specifically against instate schools. Totally agree with what you are saying overall.

Glass is safe as our football program seems to be in excellent hands. It's all about the $ and football generates a TON more than hoops. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I just listened to the interview with Glass regarding both programs and he was quite complimentary to both coaches. His list of excuses for Crean was right out of Creans playbook. Its like they compared notes on what excuses would work for this season. At any rate he doubled down on Crean which is expected since the contract is his baby. Just another reason why the two will always be linked both good and for now bad and imo why he ultimately leaves with Crean. I also think being shortsighted on a new arena won't help him.