Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Daily MLB Banter

[quote name="Naturalhoosier" post="73408" timestamp="1404782621"][url="http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/sleeping-fan-sues-Yankees-ESPN-576321"]Yankees fan looking for payday in our sue-happy society[/url][/quote]

I seen that. People are pathetic and look for the easy payday.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

They're going to try rehabbing the injury, but this is definitely bad news.  The Yankees now have a total of 1 pitcher still in their rotation from the beginning of the year, the other 4 are hurt and there's a chance all 4 are done for the year.

Yet somehow Brian Roberts, a guy who has seemingly been made of paper mache the past 5 years, is still healthy.

Cubs claimed Cole Hamels. Although I'm a huge Hamels fan I wish RAJ would trade him for some of that young talent in their system. But RAJ is an idiot and the phillies will suck until he's fired.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Cubs claimed Cole Hamels. Although I'm a huge Hamels fan I wish RAJ would trade him for some of that young talent in their system. But RAJ is an idiot and the phillies will suck until he's fired. <br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I agree completely. I love hamels, but if we can get a good package, let's pull the trigger.

maybe obatskii, weavers and I should reignite the braves banter up in here...

just kidding, wont fill this thread with manure.  worst offense I've ever seen in atlanta.  stopped watching games 3-4 weeks ago.  we just allowed the fashionals to celebrate a division title on our turf for f*ck's sake.

I remember ranting on old hsn the day we signed bj upton to an all-star contract.  obatskii somewhat defended it.  I was mind-blown, thought it was inevitable he couldn't live up to half that contract.  it turned our far worse than anybody had ever imagined.  we'll never do anything in the postseason with the uptons on this team.  his apathetic, clutch-allergic brother is an mvp candidate for half the season, completely worthless in the other.

our gm inexplicably gave chris johnson, owner of .263/.294/.357 hitting line, a 3y/$23.5m extension earlier this season.  didnt even wait a couple months to see if an option(s) to assume third would emerge, which of course has.  just another bad contract that will likely disable us from resigning our best player next offseason.  I really liked wren pre-2013, thought he might've been a real-life wizard.  now I think he needs to be replaced.

/rant.   cardinals fans- if you're playing the nats in october, I'm taking a full-time, temporary position as passionate cardinal fan.