Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

EvilleAngler

Fishing chat and pics..

5 hours ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

Rico,

you gotta tell me what you think of that fish finder you are using. I have been thinking of getting one but always change my mind. give me your thoughts on using them.

I got 2 for icefishing.  The one that is usually in my pics is a Vexilar Fl-8, and it also my favorite.  I also have a Humminbird Ice 45 that is a fancier model.  All of them work the same but come with different "bells and whistles."  But a basic functioning one is all you need.  Vexilar, Humminbird, and Marcum are the favorites of ice anglers around me.

I got into them about 20 years ago.  No more fishing blind for me.  I don't hit the ice without my Vex.  Now the units aren't gonna put fish on the hook for ya, but they will let you know whether there are any fish down your hole.  To me, they are my most essential piece of "tackle" in my ice arsenal.

57 minutes ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

we really don't have fish to "de-scale" in Alaska. i think it's just the way we cook/smoke the types of fish it isn't needed. dunno?????????

Scaling is pretty much relegated to panfish and perch.  Not much salmon/trout in Indiana.

I love fishing, but I don't like to eat fish unless it's ocean whitefish.  Grouper and Snapper are delicious.  After I catch the fish in my lake, I throw them back telling them to get bigger and fight harder next time.  That descaler thing looks interesting...how does it not beat the fish into pulp?

19 minutes ago, Josh said:

I love fishing, but I don't like to eat fish unless it's ocean whitefish.  Grouper and Snapper are delicious.  After I catch the fish in my lake, I throw them back telling them to get bigger and fight harder next time.  That descaler thing looks interesting...how does it not beat the fish into pulp?

Sounds like you need pike in your lake.

I suppose if you left the fish in it tumbling for a couple of hours there wouldn't be anything left.

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

We've got fishing talk going on in the Coaching Candidate thread and we need some expertise on what types of lures Dolson might be using as Chris007 thinks Dolson has had his fishing pole in the water for a couple of weeks.  lol

You can't go wrong with a curly-tailed grub in the state of Indiana...

1 minute ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

Just so you guys can be jealous.....

The King Salmon run will start late next month!!! Boom!!! of course, they don't get the really big ones until late June- Early July. 

Suck it flatlanders!

Ooohhh...your two months per year of fishing is coming up!  Bless your heart.

2 minutes ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

Just so you guys can be jealous.....

The King Salmon run will start late next month!!! Boom!!! of course, they don't get the really big ones until late June- Early July. 

Suck it flatlanders!

I am just not a salmon guy when it comes to eating...so you can catch 'em all!

6 minutes ago, Josh said:

That's what catches them here too.  My most successful lure:

Screenshot_20210311-104556.jpg

That right there is what I would toss for walleye around me.