Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
KelleyHoosh

2014 Football Season Predictions/Pre Season Talk

Can't wait for football season to start. I roadtripped to a bunch of home games (and the Michigan game) last year, but this will be my first season on campus. My gut says 7-5 with one upset against Michigan State.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Honestly it's just a gut feeling. Why do you think we won't? Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just based on last year them having 8 wins and being close in a bunch of games, and just losing to LSU in their bowl game. But I have no idea what they have coming back, so hopefully they lost a lot last year.

Can't wait for football season to start. I roadtripped to a bunch of home games (and the Michigan game) last year, but this will be my first season on campus. My gut says 7-5 with one upset against Michigan State.

Ha, I'll be on campus next year too! What school are you going to be in? 

[quote name="KelleyHoosh" post="49350" timestamp="1395094598"]Ha, I'll be on campus next year too! What school are you going to be in? [/quote]

Public Health. I'm going to do sports comm. broadcast. I'll be a junior.

Seems like Coach Wilson is making better progress than Coach Crean  :laugh:  We can hope anyway...

Ah. Not a fan of the bend but don't break idea. I followed ND football and Diaco would use that. Very frustrating style to watch. I'm really looking forward to see a change in philosophy and a competitive IU team in the B10 in a few years.

knorr runs a 3-4 and took a defense with comparable talent and had them ranked in the top 40 in total, passing, and rushing defense. His teams usually force a lot of tos too. Our d was ranked in the 100s in almost every category. If we can just get up to the 70/80 range, we'll be bowling.

knorr runs a 3-4 and took a defense with comparable talent and had them ranked in the top 40 in total, passing, and rushing defense. His teams usually force a lot of tos too. Our d was ranked in the 100s in almost every category. If we can just get up to the 70/80 range, we'll be bowling.

Thats exciting! Sounds like if things go as we project in 2 or 3 years we could compete in the B10

Can we sub out some of the big ten teams with Rice, Army, and Air Force, and then rename the team the 'Fighting Hoosiers'?
Wilson will either pad his record, or dig his grave this year. I just pray he doesn't call one of his moronic time outs again this year!

[quote name="RBB89" post="56945" timestamp="1396449739"]We killed ISU, BG, and PSU last year, and should beat Rutgers, Maryland, and PU. There's 6 right there.[/quote]

How does penn state look next year?

[quote name="KelleyHoosh" post="56946" timestamp="1396449938"]How does penn state look next year?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

They have Christian Hackenburg led by James Franklin. They'll be in every game.

[quote name="KelleyHoosh" post="56959" timestamp="1396451478"]Yea exactly. Thats why I asked... wouldn't be so quick to count them as a win......[/quote]

Won't be long until they're back to being the real Penn State. Especially with those sanctions being lifted.

Won't be long until they're back to being the real Penn State. Especially with those sanctions being lifted.

Losing the scholarships will hurt them years after they end. They'll be short on depth. That said, I agree they will be their old selves sooner than later. If the coaching staff can be stable

[quote name="KelleyHoosh" post="56961" timestamp="1396451719"]Losing the scholarships will hurt them years after they end. They'll be short on depth. That said, I agree they will be their old selves sooner than later. If the coaching staff can be stable[/quote]

Didn't they get most of their scholarships back? That's the sanctions I was referencing.

[quote name="Hovadipo" post="56963" timestamp="1396451788"]Didn't they get most of their scholarships back? That's the sanctions I was referencing.

Can't say I know! Definitely looking forward to that game next year though

[quote name="Naturalhoosier" post="49283" timestamp="1395086495"]I just wanna say it's great to be talking IUFB again!!!

IU has a football program? :)

I think we will be 7-5. I won't be surprised to be 6-6, but this season is the step in the right direction. No looking back now!

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app

Ok, I went to IU, but my football fandom begins and ends on Saturday's. I will root for them to win against every team in the country besides one. Being a Notre Dame fan, I envy your offense. ND has better athletes and yet the offense is routinely outperformed by IU's every year, with lower level athletes. So you got that  going for ya, but that defense? I wont go there. I think Kevin Wilson is a great coach but I always question people when they come out of that Oklahoma program. Stoops is a shady character who year by year has had the worst graduation rate in the Big 12. From the looks of it KW has the program going in the right direction and who knows maybe in a couple years IU and ND will be battling for football recruits.