Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
CampHoosier

I love Indiana Basketball

Love this post. I'll fill you in on how much I love IU basketball. As I was on my way home from Indy tonight (couldn't sit through the Iowa NW game. My butt hurt and I was butt hurt), I started getting ahold of all of my buddies and getting the ball rolling on plans for Hoosier Hysteria 2014. I'm already excited for the 2014-15 season. Excited to see how much better Yogi and everyone else (Yes, EVERYONE ELSE, even Jeremy) get over the summer. And even more excited to welcome 3, maybe even 5 new Hoosiers to Assembly Hall.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="CampCrean" post="47345" timestamp="1394765111" I love IU basketball. I forever have an IU tattoo to proclaim this obsession.[/quote]

I also have one of those tattoos, once a Hoosier always a Hoosier! Please show off your tattoo here or in the "tatted up Hoosiers" thread. I look forward to seeing it

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using BtownBanners mobile app

I found this to be one of the most uninteresting season's ever, it was at many times dreadful and unenjoyable to watch. I usually look forward to every IU game, but the passion wasn't there this year. Even after the sanctions and we were basically a team of walk-ons Crean's first year I looked forward to each game because even though I knew we were going to lose, there was still hope, and signs that we were going to be back. This year we regressed, and now that the season is for all intents and purposes is over we didn't show much to give me hope for next season, especially without Vonleh.

I liked the athleticsm the young guys bring, but the play was too sloppy, no fluidity to the offense, sometimes I wondered if we even ran an offense. Many of Coach Crean's flaws showed through as well, questionable substitutions and sub patterns, a lack in making adjustments or countering opponent adjustments. And why doesn't Crean try to run the offense through his best player in Noah Vonleh? Same issue as when we had Zeller.

Sorry, but I'm more than disappointed in this season, and not looking forward to how we may look next year.

[quote name="CampCrean" post="47356" timestamp="1394767933"]attachicon.gif [url="https://btownbanners.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=564"]ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1394767928.488217.jpg[/url] Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote] Never mind its already there Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using BtownBanners mobile app

I found this to be one of the most uninteresting season's ever, it was at many times dreadful and unenjoyable to watch. I usually look forward to every IU game, but the passion wasn't there this year. Even after the sanctions and we were basically a team of walk-ons Crean's first year I looked forward to each game because even though I knew we were going to lose, there was still hope, and signs that we were going to be back. This year we regressed, and now that the season is for all intents and purposes is over we didn't show much to give me hope for next season, especially without Vonleh.

I liked the athleticsm the young guys bring, but the play was too sloppy, no fluidity to the offense, sometimes I wondered if we even ran an offense. Many of Coach Crean's flaws showed through as well, questionable substitutions and sub patterns, a lack in making adjustments or countering opponent adjustments. And why doesn't Crean try to run the offense through his best player in Noah Vonleh? Same issue as when we had Zeller.

Sorry, but I'm more than disappointed in this season, and not looking forward to how we may look next year.

All we have is hope my dude. That's why we are fans. 

One season cannot define this team, this school, this history of basketball.  Not even 5 seasons cannot define them.  Yes, this season, as Yogi has stated was a roller coaster.  Heck, it seems even Crean's tenure so far has been a bit of a roller coaster.  As much as it has been that for us fans, I can't imagine what it has been like for the players.  Sometimes I think we fans forget that THEY want to win even more than WE went them to win even if it doesn't seem like it by their play.  As a fellow fan, this is very frustrating to me at times.  They are the ones on the floor grinding it out and having all of Hoosier Nation watching, critically, their EVERY move.  If I were a coach, I would absolutely NOT let my players be on social media during season.  Some fans, although diehard for life, are harsh and that can break a spirit.

Yogi- He's used to being on a #1 seeded, winning team. Big Ten champs with a lot of leadership to rely on. Wow, did that change this year.  But he stepped it up and lead as best as he could with a new starting lineup; as a sophomore. 

Will- He's been through the trenches and back up with the "Resurrection" and then back down again.  Used to being the 6th Man, it took him a while to take on that leadership roll and he went out with a bang.  

I admit, I was also not that excited about the season in general.  I didn't watch as many games as in the past (partly because I swore I was bad luck for a bit there and had no intention of watching the Wisky game, and look what happened!)  But out of all the lows this season let us look at the highs. THEY BEAT WISCONSIN! AS A #3!  FINALLY! They rolled past 4 ranked teams.  And when they were on, THEY. WERE. ON.  That's got to give some of you hope to next season.

Again, 1, 2 or 5 seasons cannot and do not define this program.  THIS IS INDIANA.  Teams still jump at the chance to play at Assembly Hall, to play on the court of Calbert Cheaney, to sit on the bench where Bobby Knight threw chairs!  I'm not saying we, as fans, cannot be frustrated or critical of our beloved team ( I still yell at the TV and wish I had a bad-call brick) but this is our team and they WILL have highs and lows and it will always be a learning process for our players. I can't wait to take our son, who is due in a few weeks, to his first IU game.  I still remember mine. 

I must make a big confession do to my past lack of interest in basketball i have only been a hoosier fan for 3 years but i am very dedicated to the hoosiers and will never root for anyone else in college basketball except for div 2 grenadiers which is technically an IU team as well only because that is where i am attending

Sent from my SCH-I535 using BtownBanners mobile app

If I were a coach, I would absolutely NOT let my players be on social media during season.  Some fans, although diehard for life, are harsh and that can break a spirit.

Yep. I remember a couple of months ago seeing a IU fan make disparaging comments about Doug Mallory on Twitter to a IU football defensive player. I cringed. I didn't disagree with the comments, but couldn't understand how anyone would try to undercut a coach directly to the player. I don't know that its going to work to block players from social media, but they might need to make their profiles private, and keep things between friends and family.