Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
HoosierReb01

Indiana @ Purdue Post Game Thread

I wasn't the least bit fired up for the game today.  My brother came over to watch the game with me and so I busted out the IU jersey and candystriped pants but still...I just felt like we were going to lose this game before it even started.  The way the first half ended, I told my bro that we were going to get blown out in the second half and the sad thing is, as the deficit started to inevitably mount I wasn't mad or upset.  I actually was accepting of it, because at this point I don't expect anything more from this team.  It was just like, oh okay, another loss.  Might not even be NIT eligible.  My apathy level as a fan has not been this high in a while.  *sigh*

Next season needs to be better than this one, man oh man.  :(

Save the town by burning the village....no pain no gain......the more frequent and the uglier the losses the better for the long term future of IU. It's simply true, the quicker he is gone the quicker we get the right guy in here. Glass and IU will accept mediocrity, pain is the only thing that will inact change.

I came into this season really excited about our incoming class of freshmen. I feel like we've got people who have the instinct to drive, but aside from Vonleh, we have no new people who can shoot. Ferrell is shooting well, but I am always pleasantly surprised when he hits. We lost all of our shooters from last year and picked up none. I'm not sure what we were expecting. No amount of gelling can make shooters out of people who just can't. 

Without shooting we can't open up the lane and enable our drivers to do what they do best. I realize we're in a funk now, but I think there are a few basic elements missing from our mix.

I wasn't the least bit fired up for the game today.  My brother came over to watch the game with me and so I busted out the IU jersey and candystriped pants but still...I just felt like we were going to lose this game before it even started.  The way the first half ended, I told my bro that we were going to get blown out in the second half and the sad thing is, as the deficit started to inevitably mount I wasn't mad or upset.  I actually was accepting of it, because at this point I don't expect anything more from this team.  It was just like, oh okay, another loss.  Might not even be NIT eligible.  My apathy level as a fan has not been this high in a while.  *sigh*

Next season needs to be better than this one, man oh man.  :(

Sad thing is, that's how I was.  I really wasn't upset while we were getting crushed, I was apathetic.  People don't want the constant negativity, but the criticism and concern shows we care.  Being apathetic is worse.

Sad thing is, that's how I was.  I really wasn't upset while we were getting crushed, I was apathetic.  People don't want the constant negativity, but the criticism and concern shows we care.  Being apathetic is worse.

I suppose you think that people who don't display constant negativity when things aren't going well don't care?  I'm sure I care at least as much as you or anyone else on here does.  Seriously, you and all your soul mates can care without going off about it all the time. It won't hurt any of you, I promise.  Plus it will make the forum a more enjoyable place to visit. Btw, I'm not apathetic about it all, I still care which must mean that I cared more than you. Bet you didn't think a sunshine pumper could do that!  

I suppose you think that people who don't display constant negativity when things aren't going well don't care?  I'm sure I care at least as much as you or anyone else on here does.  Seriously, you and all your soul mates can care without going off about it all the time. It won't hurt any of you, I promise.  Plus it will make the forum a more enjoyable place to visit. Btw, I'm not apathetic about it all, I still care which must mean that I cared more than you. Bet you didn't think a sunshine pumper could do that!  

You're right, you obviously cared more about this team today than I did.  I saw the first half and knew it'd get ugly in the second half.  I know this team is poorly coached so it wasn't going to get better.  That's a problem.  I've stopped watching an IU game early one time, and that was the Syracuse debacle in the tournament.

There are 6 games left, I see us going 1-5 if we're lucky.  That would put us at a losing record on the year, and that should absolutely be considered unacceptable.

My point was that even if people are voicing criticisms, at least they care.  There are worse things.  People can show they care in different ways, some choose to voice criticisms of blatantly obvious flaws.

It would be nice if you could show a little respect to others in your quest to show how much you care. You might think it's perfectly ok to constantly rant. Others aren't necessarily so fond of it.

[quote name="kylehornsbyrules" post="39674" timestamp="1392515505"]Save the town by burning the village....no pain no gain......the more frequent and the uglier the losses the better for the long term future of IU. It's simply true, the quicker he is gone the quicker we get the right guy in here. Glass and IU will accept mediocrity, pain is the only thing that will inact change.[/quote] Sure am glad you found this forum to inflict your endless program of negative posts. It's the same wherever you post. You're like a blight, moving from place to place, destroying the good, positive things, then finding a new home when the host cannot tolerate you any longer. There is no constructive criticism from you. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Sure am glad you found this forum to inflict your endless program of negative posts. It's the same wherever you post. You're like a blight, moving from place to place, destroying the good, positive things, then finding a new home when the host cannot tolerate you any longer. There is no constructive criticism from you. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Truth stings

I fear all the negativity will drive away some of our promising young players. Why would you want to stay at IU and take all the nastiness? I really hope they can see the majority of the fanbase is in support of them. I look forward to seeing how players like Troy, Stan, and hopefully Noah will develop.

I fear all the negativity will drive away some of our promising young players. Why would you want to stay at IU and take all the nastiness? I really hope they can see the majority of the fanbase is in support of them. I look forward to seeing how players like Troy, Stan, and hopefully Noah will develop.

Lol I assure you we aren't that important