Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

DocLibby

Hoosiers and Their Fans Must Forgive, Forget … and Fight on to the Finish

Lol, damn Cub haters.  You can lock the thread my man….  Let me guess.  White Sox or Cardinal fan?  

I'll give the Cub fans credit, they still fill the stadium.  The team finds new ways to suck, but they still fill the stadium.

At least the Royals have been competitive, the Cubs suck they make baseball even worse and when was the last time KC won it all

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Ha. We've been competitive once in the last decade. Granted it was last year and we should be competitive again this season, but still once in a decade. We last won it all in '85 and haven't sniffed the playoffs since. How many times have the Cubs made the playoffs since then?

[quote name="Rayl" post="38935" timestamp="1392490859"]Ha. We've been competitive once in the last decade. Granted it was last year and we should be competitive again this season, but still once in a decade. We last won it all in '85 and haven't sniffed the playoffs since. How many times have the Cubs made the playoffs since then?[/quote] It's almost more heartbreaking to make the playoffs and lose than not at all, but u got me there

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="38934" timestamp="1392490797"]I'll give the Cub fans credit, they still fill the stadium. The team finds new ways to suck, but they still fill the stadium.[/quote]

Sure, it's Wrigley, but I don't think it's all that great. I get crucified by other Cubs fans for saying this, but I'd rather (and do) go to Busch or Great American in Cincy to see the Cubs.

It's almost more heartbreaking to make the playoffs and lose than not at all, but u got me there

Heh. At least we can agree that the Cards and White Sux are evil and must be destroyed.

[quote name="HoosierReb01" post="38940" timestamp="1392491189"]Traitor![/quote]

Haha the 2 or 3 times I've been to Wrigley, I've ran into multiple Cubs fans that were complete d-bags to us, and we were in Cubs gear. Not really a big fan of going to Chicago at all. Not very friendly people overall from my experiences.

[quote name="Rayl" post="38941" timestamp="1392491211"]Heh. At least we can agree that the Cards and White Sux are evil and must be destroyed.[/quote] Definitely and that both teams are improving and have good farm systems

Haha the 2 or 3 times I've been to Wrigley, I've ran into multiple Cubs fans that were complete d-bags to us, and we were in Cubs gear. Not really a big fan of going to Chicago at all. Not very friendly people overall from my experiences.

I've been to Chicago very little, and generally would just as soon stay away. I would like to go back and make a trip to Wrigley though. I'll probably make it over to Cincy to see the Cubbies play there first.

[quote name="HoosierReb01" post="38948" timestamp="1392491634"]I've been to Chicago very little, and generally would just as soon stay away. I would like to go back and make a trip to Wrigley though. I'll probably make it over to Cincy to see the Cubbies play there first.[/quote]

I like Cincy a lot. Pretty cool small city. If you've never been to Great American, it will spoil you. That's a great stadium and pretty nice people when I went.

The funniest difference between Cards fans and cubs fans is that cubs fans hate the Cards but Cards fans just laugh at the cubs. There's nothing to hate them about, they're just a laughable pathetic franchise full of jealous angry fans.

The funniest difference between Cards fans and cubs fans is that cubs fans hate the Cards but Cards fans just laugh at the cubs. There's nothing to hate them about, they're just a laughable pathetic franchise full of jealous angry fans.

Not in my experience. Its pretty mutual. Cubs are like the Hoosiers, and Cards are like the Boilers. 

I like Cincy a lot. Pretty cool small city. If you've never been to Great American, it will spoil you. That's a great stadium and pretty nice people when I went.

My experience at Great American was different. I went for a weekend the year they opened the stadium. It was nice and breezy in Cincy all weekend, but the park had no airflow in the seating area. It made everything really hot and sweaty while watching the games. I just didn't like it very much.

On the other hand, I love going to games at Wrigley. It's a fun old stadium to visit.

Not in my experience. Its pretty mutual. Cubs are like the Hoosiers, and Cards are like the Boilers. 

That's just bassackwards. They really should make it illegal for cubs fans to be Hoosier fans. It's a disgrace to the Hoosier name! 

That's just bassackwards. They really should make it illegal for cubs fans to be Hoosier fans. It's a disgrace to the Hoosier name! 

Ha! Cubs fans are always elite, even if our team isn't! Most Cardinals fans are ignorant southern Illinois hilljacks or Missourians of Kentuckian descent. 

Ha! Cubs fans are always elite, even if our team isn't! Most Cardinals fans are ignorant southern Illinois hilljacks or Missourians of Kentuckian descent. 

Jealousy and anger, you're exhibiting it well. cubs are just like purdont, the little brother that tries to tag along with the cool older brother but keeps falling short. 1908 and never, two things that go together like oil and vinegar.