Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
JaybobHoosier

Indiana vs Penn St. Game Thread

Watching this team, I have no doubt they'll be really good next year.....But do we really have to have years like this where we still look this bad halfway through the season?  I'm ecstatic to be down just 4, but we're obviously the more athletic, talented team and there is no crowd to contend with

This is where I am.  I have no doubts how good we can be.  How high our upside is.  How good we should be next year.  Certain things can be avoided to limit this bad of a season.  We aren't going to be title contenders every year.  It would be nice to balance out the recruiting of wings and bigs.  That factor has caused so many issues throughout Crean's tenure.  In modern basketball, you can't plan for attrition.  In the past it was a little more than non-existent.  Now, you have to have a balanced lineup to maintain the ability to keep going.  Beyond that, who Crean picks will either make him a genius or an idiot.  I prefer less emphasis on athletes and more on IQ.  There has to be some balance there.  

6'10" with a good post game and can shoot outside and he's barely 18. He will only get better. He's gone.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Its not a sure thing, he is not ready for the pros. Is he going to be a good pro? Definitely, but I've seen a little info that pro scout(s) do not view his turning pro as being a good thing this year. If he does, will he get drafted? Yes. But he might find himself in the D-league for a year or two anyway, and he might just be better off polishing his game in college for another year.

This is where I am.  I have no doubts how good we can be.  How high our upside is.  How good we should be next year.  Certain things can be avoided to limit this bad of a season.  We aren't going to be title contenders every year.  It would be nice to balance out the recruiting of wings and bigs.  That factor has caused so many issues throughout Crean's tenure.  In modern basketball, you can't plan for attrition.  In the past it was a little more than non-existent.  Now, you have to have a balanced lineup to maintain the ability to keep going.  Beyond that, who Crean picks will either make him a genius or an idiot.  I prefer less emphasis on athletes and more on IQ.  There has to be some balance there.  

Some high upside athletes are nice to have to develop, but we definitely need more basketball players.

A cancer? Explanation of how he was a cancer? Because that is a strong accusation, and unless there is some info you have

Idk man, it just seems that whenever he is on the floor is when we play the worst. He doesn't make his teammates better, he makes them worse.