Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Music Thread

58 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Here’s the lost band I’ve been full time into this week: Spirit.

Great guitars, great songwriting, great production. Three excellent albums and then broke apart and went to crap. Bless you Randy California!

https://open.spotify.com/album/5zwKg5QUnSfQwkJqfl5cWs?si=DoHP6dwMTgyEWP4zjSAFwg

Nice. Spirit was 1 of my Mom’s favorite bands. Clear memories of listening to the Dr Sardonicus album on 8 track in her Cutlass when I was maybe 10. Mom had spectacular taste.

14 minutes ago, Demo said:

Nice. Spirit was 1 of my Mom’s favorite bands. Clear memories of listening to the Dr Sardonicus album on 8 track in her Cutlass when I was maybe 10. Mom had spectacular taste.

Dang.

All I remember from the car radio is the Wally Phillips show on WGN radio.

My kids got a snootfull though.

22 minutes ago, Demo said:

It's nature's way of telling you...something's wrong...

One of my better half's favorite albums for road trips.

Dr. Sardonicus, Spirit, is quite the listen.

On the road between Wisconsin and northern Indiana on a late Friday night in the summer...Lightening, and coming up on Goshen...American Graffiti...  late teens driving slowly around the center of town...cruising...then listening to Dark Side of the Moon.

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Dang.

All I remember from the car radio is the Wally Phillips show on WGN radio.

My kids got a snootfull though.

She was playing Flatt and Scruggs once and I apparently disparaged it somehow and she took me through everything that made what they were doing great. That is parenting

3 minutes ago, Demo said:

She was playing Flatt and Scruggs once and I apparently disparaged it somehow and she took me through everything that made what they were doing great. That is parenting

My wife recently disparaged a Son House track in the car. 

25 years and she doesn’t get me.      :(