Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
mdn82

IU vs. Stony Brook Rapid Reaction

Great job Mdn. I actually haven't got to watch the 2nd half yet because of previous plans. In the first half, Hanner played very well except for the fouls, and Jeremy played bad in the 1st. Can't wait to watch the 2nd half.

Hanner was doing very well inside when my power went out.  Didn't last long, but it came back on during halftime.  Watching him catch a ball in traffic reminds me every time just how impressive Noah's hands are.  Hanner doesn't do bad, but he still has a lot of problems catching a ball clean.  Noah has the best hands I can recall on a Hoosier freshman.  I agree with Jeremy.  He had a couple of real lazy turnovers that I seen.  He is versatile, but him at the point just scares me.  

Vonleh gets stronger and more confident with each play. Each dunk. He is so capable. It's as if he is a huge spring that keeps winding up and releasing, but each time the spring winds faster. It releases stronger. I'm glad we have these preseason games to get him some experience in red/white. It will be amazing to see what he achieves this year.

Also, Yogi made some very tall plays for his height today. One particular drive in the lane got him way up above the rim. His off season work has really paid off.

The best play today was Yogi's missed three that Noah rebounded, pump faked, then went up and slammed it home. Crean's reaction to that play shows me he's been trying to get Noah to do that every practice and every game so far. Crean's message appears to be sinking in. Damn Noah is good!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

-Vonleh is a beast! Sad that he will prob only play 1 or 2 years here.  Hopefully we can hang a banner while he's here!

-Troy... has sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much potential. To me he plays like Victor Oladipo, but looks more rounded than Vic did early in his career.  No disrespect to Vic, but I think Troy has more potential and possibly more athleticism.

Great job Mdn. I actually haven't got to watch the 2nd half yet because of previous plans. In the first half, Hanner played very well except for the fouls, and Jeremy played bad in the 1st. Can't wait to watch the 2nd half.

You are correct, sir.

Nice write-up by mdn, but Jeremy and Will are not going to enjoy the film review session from last night.

You are correct, sir.

Nice write-up by mdn, but Jeremy and Will are not going to enjoy the film review session from last night.

Completely agree on Jeremy and Will.  Jeremy was way too lazy with the ball in his hands.  Will just didn't move his feet all night.  I really liked how he came out, going to the rim.  Both have some things to work out for sure.  We can't have them play so reckless this week, or we will be in trouble.

Completely agree on Jeremy and Will.  Jeremy was way too lazy with the ball in his hands.  Will just didn't move his feet all night.  I really liked how he came out, going to the rim.  Both have some things to work out for sure.  We can't have them play so reckless this week, or we will be in trouble.

I'm not worried at all about Will, but with Jeremy, driving into traffic "Verdell style" is becoming a trend that needs to be reversed.

I'm not worried at all about Will, but with Jeremy, driving into traffic "Verdell style" is becoming a trend that needs to be reversed.

Jeremy does have a habit of driving out of control, but I haven't seen him drive with his head down into a triple team yet.

Will made a bad choice by fouling out when he just got in the game again but Jeremy as a starter scares me a little bit.

Jeremy does have a habit of driving out of control, but I haven't seen him drive with his head down into a triple team yet.

It's not quite that bad. More along the lines of "driving with his head up into a double team".  Kept rewinding my dvr on the issue last night, and it's there.

I think Hollowell just needs to slow down a little bit. Always looks like he is moving faster than his body will allow. I'm sure Crean is telling him to push the ball and drive though. I just don't see it so much right now. He'll be a big contributor this year, but I also think he will cost a game or two late with a bone headed play.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app