Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Cody Zeller - New Orleans Pelicans

Interesting quote.

Game day began at 10:00 a.m. for a shootaround. But unlike college, the shootaround was short and to the point. We were in and out, and back to the hotel before noon. Then we had about five hours to relax before the bus left for the game. When we returned to the hotel, I was a little hungry and wondering when the team meal was provided. More than anything, I was just excited about the whole pre-game routine. I really wanted to soak it all up. I couldn’t mask my child-like giddiness.

I will link full article in a sec.

Another good 1.

The thing is, I was still in a college basketball mentality. At Indiana, every step of a game day was planned out for you, to the minute. The team ate meals together, you traveled together, you stretched together, you took the court for warm-ups together, everything. It was all very regimented

What's going on with Cody?

@rick_bonnell: Cody Zeller missed practice. He has lost about 10 pounds unexpectedly and is having medical tests.

I haven't the faintest idea of what is going on although my sources tell me came out negative for mono.

Charlotte Hornets general manager Rich Cho announced Monday that, on top of the contract extension the team gave Jeremy Lamb, the Hornets picked up the fourth-year team option on forward Cody Zeller.

Zeller, who has drafted fourth overall by the then-Charlotte Bobcats, has averaged 6.7 points, 5 rebounds and 1.3 assists per game while shooting 44.3 percent from the floor and 75.1 percent from the charity stripe. The former Indiana starter has made steady improvement over his brief NBA career, and the team clearly values the energy and athleticism he brings to the squad. The option is worth a little more than $5.318 million, according to BasketballReference.com.

It has been quite the 24 hours for Zeller. Just before the team officially announced that they were picking up the option, Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer reported that Zeller had unexpectedly lost 10 pounds and is questionable for Tuesday night's showdown with the Chicago Bulls. He has tested negative for mono, which is a positive sign, but is still undergoing medical tests.

The move is not exactly surprising, but it is nice to see a player who has worked as hard as Zeller has to be properly rewarded for his efforts. He has worked to improve his shooting range and continues to be a valuable source of energy on both offense and defense for the Hornets.

http://www.atthehive.com/2015/11/2/9660210/hornets-exercise-fourth-year-option-on-cody-zeller

Edited by OliviaPope40

My sources also tell me that Cody is listed as active for the game tonight against Chicago and have him on a regimen of sports drinks for minerals. 

Whose his doctor, MJ?

Here kid, have some Gatorade.