Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
OliviaPope40

Max Hoetzel

He may see Etherington minutes next year but I wouldn't expect too much.

I'm going with Stuhoo on this one. We lack depth and we will need shooting. His length also helps on defense. If any of our 3s or maybe even 4s get in foul trouble, we will probably see him more than Etherington. 

Really like his shot. He looks a little awkward sometimes on his drives almost like he's unsure of whether to shoot or pass, but it's good to see the guy who looks to be playing some decent minutes at the four next year nailing threes and driving to the basket. Didn't see a whole lot of defense besides that block, but Crean and crew have shown they can develop defensive ability well.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

He will struggle defensively against 4s in college. I am much more excited about Hoetzels future prospects than I was with Hartman or Etherington. If he can hold is own on defense he will get good minutes. Question is, can he?

I don't believe so, at least not until his conditioning/strength are in line with BIG players. At the moment I suspect he's too slow to guard a wing and not strong enough to guard a PF. Not a knock on him, of course, since that is true for most freshmen.

The bigger concern is whether his shooting translates to D1 ball. We all thought Etherington and Hartman would see more minutes based on their shooting ability but neither were willing/able to shoot last year after coming into the program as high school sharpshooters.

Hoetzel is on a different level than Ethrington and Hartman as shooters. It's actually a misconception that Ethrington is a great shooter. I didn't, but I recall many that did see him play in high school saying he wasn't really a shooter.

I don't believe so, at least not until his conditioning/strength are in line with BIG players. At the moment I suspect he's too slow to guard a wing and not strong enough to guard a PF. Not a knock on him, of course, since that is true for most freshmen.

The bigger concern is whether his shooting translates to D1 ball. We all thought Etherington and Hartman would see more minutes based on their shooting ability but neither were willing/able to shoot last year after coming into the program as high school sharpshooters.

I don't think Hartman was a HS sharpshooter at all. His senior year was rough. He showed big promise as a Frosh and Sophomore and then leveled off big time. He may have even taken a step back as a Senior. I never expected him to be much, even a sharp shooter.

I can't speak as much for AE as I didn't follow him in HS much. He was a good shooter and pretty athletic. Not sure he was a sharp shooter either. White stereotype maybe???

Max has shown he IS a sharp shooter in HS, but will it translate is still a good question. I like his odds much much better than the aforementioned.

I know it's probably the obvious stereotype, but I'm seeing a Chandler Parsons type of player here. Obviously not on the same level, considering Parsons is a very solid NBA player, but they have the same body type and skill set it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners