Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2016) C Barret Benson to Northwestern

http://chicagohoops.hoops247.com/index.php/2011-08-04-18-06-26/2046-barret-benson-talks-indiana-visit

Indiana is showing interest in quite a few young prospects in the Chicago area.  One of them is 2016 Hinsdale South center Barret Benson.  He is the top low post prospect in the sophomore class in state because of his ability to score with his back to the basket, run the floor for his size, and rebound.

We spoke with Benson about his visit to Indiana over the weekend.

“We met with Coach Buckley at Cook Hall and headed into Assembly Hall for the main event.  After Hoosier Hysteria we stayed around to eat afterwards.  Talked with Coach Crean, his wife, and the academic advisor.  Then headed back home after.”

During his time on campus what did he speak with the Hoosiers coaches about?

“How I liked the event and how school is going mainly.”

Benson discussed what impressed him about Indiana on the visit.

“You can really tell how much their fans genuinely care about basketball and how the coaches stress hard work is a huge part of the program.”

[quote name="ccgeneral" post="61434" timestamp="1398136241"]GoldandBlack.com ‏@GoldandBlackcom 6h
Indiana coaches will see Illinois 2016 center Barret Benson tomorrow morning.[/quote]

Good!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

DeAnte' Mitchell ‏@MitchellDeAnte 
Nebraska offered Hinsdale (IL) big Barrett Benson '16, per his AAU coach

Benson, a 6-8, 237-pound 2016 post player, will visit Kansas State September 27, Nebraska October 4 and Iowa State October 11. Benson's travel team teammate Glynn Watson committed to Nebraska last weekend.

Video inside with a mention of IU and others who are recruiting him.

http://www.prephoopsillinois.com/news_article/show/454955?referrer_id=1201274

The state’s best center in the class of 2016 is Hinsdale South junior Barret Benson.  The 6’10” post has slimmed down heading into his junior campaign.  He is still a big bodied post, but is definitely in the best shape of his career.  It has shown too early in the season!  Benson is light on his feet and has displayed improved mobility on both ends of the floor.  The junior does a great job of posting up strong, carving out space inside, and giving his guard a big target to throw the ball into.  Benson seals better than anyone in the state in the high low game which has become one his calling cards.  The junior finishes through contact and gets to the line at a good rate.  Benson can finish with both a soft touch and power in the paint.  He also has potential in the pick and pop game with a nice looking 15 foot jumper.  His improved mobility has been evident running the floor in transition.  Benson is a plus rebounder clearing the glass consistently and is a solid post defender.

Video inside with a mention of IU and others who are recruiting him.

http://www.prephoopsillinois.com/news_article/show/454955?referrer_id=1201274

The state’s best center in the class of 2016 is Hinsdale South junior Barret Benson.  The 6’10” post has slimmed down heading into his junior campaign.  He is still a big bodied post, but is definitely in the best shape of his career.  It has shown too early in the season!  Benson is light on his feet and has displayed improved mobility on both ends of the floor.  The junior does a great job of posting up strong, carving out space inside, and giving his guard a big target to throw the ball into.  Benson seals better than anyone in the state in the high low game which has become one his calling cards.  The junior finishes through contact and gets to the line at a good rate.  Benson can finish with both a soft touch and power in the paint.  He also has potential in the pick and pop game with a nice looking 15 foot jumper.  His improved mobility has been evident running the floor in transition.  Benson is a plus rebounder clearing the glass consistently and is a solid post defender.

"His improved mobility has been evident running the floor in transition."

*Crean drooling*  :o

"His improved mobility has been evident running the floor in transition."

*Crean drooling*  :o

State's best? Sounds like the kind of player we should let slip to Michigan, MSU, Kentucky, OSU, or L'Vile.

We never want those "State's best" players. 

State's best? Sounds like the kind of player we should let slip to Michigan, MSU, Kentucky, OSU, or L'Vile.

We never want those "State's best" players. 

Not sure if you're referring to Crean not locking down Indiana, but Benson is from Illinois.

Ok is it just me or does this guy not jump? I mean I get he's bigger than everyone on the floor playing AAU but he won't be the biggest playing in the B1G. Those little hop jumps that he does for layups won't work in the conference when you aren't the biggest.

Ok is it just me or does this guy not jump? I mean I get he's bigger than everyone on the floor playing AAU but he won't be the biggest playing in the B1G. Those little hop jumps that he does for layups won't work in the conference when you aren't the biggest.

Yeah I've never been impressed