Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
JaybobHoosier

BtownBanners Meet and Greet

Type in 'mixer' in the search function and i think it's the first option. 

Youre just too good with all your lil "research" things... ;)

I think I'll just make up some new stuff.

Pretty sure our class and 4 year period was the worst in the history of IU.

I got the pleasure to see 4 Coaches in my 4 years. That normally isn't a recipe for success!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

'07 was my last year, so I saw two coaches.  Never did like Davis, and never wanted Samsung hired.  That was brutal.

Me and a friend would watch a game with some girls and they'd always say to put Allen in because "he's hot", we'd have to tell them "don't put him in, he sucks".

Hey everyone, this is a great thread to get to know everyone, and see their Hoosier Pride. Here we go:  

Meaning behind username:  Name and year.

Approximate Age and Location:  31 (depressing) and Huntington 

Are you a born and raised IU fan?   Sure am.

When you first knew you were an IU fan?   When I watched my whole family of PU fans get pissed off when Keith Smart hit that shot.  

What sports did you play in High School and College?   I played at some point or another Baseball, Basketball, Football, and Golf (mainly golf).

Besides IU, favorite sports teams?   Cubs you damned Cardinal fans!!!

Did you attend IU?   Yep

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory?   Even though they lost, going to the 92 final four in Minneapolis.  My aunt was a Grad Student at Minnesota helping out and got tix.  It was awesome.

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time?  MJ if its IU then Brian Evans. 

What is your favorite IU Football memory?   Just watching the team finally have hype when Randle El was there.  

Who is your favorite IU Football player?   Just answered that.

Best IU Sports game ever attended?   92 final four even though it didn't end well.  

My user name is also my twitter name. I got it by as you would expect coaching my daughters, multiple, basketball & softball teams, as well as an all star team or two. If you have been here for a while you may know me, if your new here this is the place I choose to talk about our Hoosiers. My team is and always has been IU, the Colts & Pacers. Born & raised in Indy, and have never liked Purdue or Kentucky. I was raised that way & that is how I raise my kids. Anything I may have forgot to mention I am sure you will find out or I may have already posted.

We started at IU the same year.  I was there from 2005-2007 but left due to family problems.  Never had the chance to go back, and I regret it to this day.

It's not too late... 

Might not be easy rearranging, but life is always making changes we don't want, might as well go through some tough changes for something we do want!

It's not too late... 

Might not be easy rearranging, but life is always making changes we don't want, might as well go through some tough changes for something we do want!

Yes it is.  I planned to go to a local school and transfer back, but a blatant lie by so called "family" led me to a school where credits don't transfer.

Hey everyone, this is a great thread to get to know everyone, and see their Hoosier Pride. Here we go:  

Meaning behind username:  Pretty straight forward

Approximate Age and Location:  47, Bloomington. Born and raised in Paoli

Are you a born and raised IU fan?   Sure was

When you first knew you were an IU fan?   I started kind of late, I caught the end of a game between IU and Michigan. Ray Tolbert tipped in a shot for the win (or to force over-time) it was all Hoosiers, after that!

What sports did you play in High School and College?   Track, cross country, intramural basketball

Besides IU, favorite sports teams?   Reds, Colts, Pacers

Did you attend IU?   Yes 88-92

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory?   Probably the '87 tournament run. Pounding Auburn, beating Duke, Outrunning the running rebels and 2 last second shots. What fun!  I really, really loved the '94 game against #1 Kentucky when Damon Bailey went wild.

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time?  Damon Bailey

What is your favorite IU Football memory?   Beating Ohio State and Michigan in....88? I believe.

Who is your favorite IU Football player?   Anthony Thompson

Best IU Sports game ever attended?   Unfortunately, I've never attended a HUGE game, but have enjoyed 30-40 basketball games about about a dozen at Memorial Stadium.

Yes it is.  I planned to go to a local school and transfer back, but a blatant lie by so called "family" led me to a school where credits don't transfer.

That's too bad.

Can't get back in where ya left off, as a sophomore?

That's too bad.

Can't get back in where ya left off, as a sophomore?

I transferred my credits from IU out at first and I've finished an AS by now, looking to a BS.  Besides, with what was going on at the time it hurt my grades and I left with a crappy GPA.

Not a day goes by that I don't regret the way things happened, but there's nothing I can do.

Meaning behind username: Town I grew up in, love fishing.

Approximate Age and Location   -    46.8  Just N of Tampa, moving to St Pete area in January.

Are you a born and raised IU fan?    -   Sure am, raised to "dislike" pu too..

When you first knew you were an IU fan?    -  Can't remember that far back.. had to be as a child watching with dad.

What sports did you play in High School and College?    - Baseball, basketball and some football.

Besides IU, favorite sports teams?    -   Colts, Dolphins, Yankees(more so when Don Mattingly was there), ND Football(yeah yeah, raised that way, it's all we got on the tube)

Did you attend IU?    -  Nope.. would have loved to. Went to a few parties there though.

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory?     -     Watshot, Smart shot, Killingsworth dunk.. no way to have one best.

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time?    -  Larry Bird... ;)

What is your favorite IU Football memory?    -     would have to be beating PSU this weekend. 

Who is your favorite IU Football player?    -     ARE

Best IU Sports game ever attended?    -    Watched the Blabb team play in the ncaa tourney in Eville.  Only IU event I've ever seen.

What brings you to this board?    -     Entertainment... Get current info.

My user name is also my twitter name. I got it by as you would expect coaching my daughters, multiple, basketball & softball teams, as well as an all star team or two. If you have been here for a while you may know me, if your new here this is the place I choose to talk about our Hoosiers. My team is and always has been IU, the Colts & Pacers. Born & raised in Indy, and have never liked Purdue or Kentucky. I was raised that way & that is how I raise my kids. Anything I may have forgot to mention I am sure you will find out or I may have already posted.

Have to agree with you there. I'm a Colts and Pacers fan (barely, I'm just not a big NBA guy). Can't stand UK and Purdue, along with Illannoy and Wisconsin.

I'm about to start coaching youth baseball and be on the board of directors. Really, really excited for this opportunity. How many years of experience do you have? I'm coaching because it's a passion, and I don't have kids yet.

I transferred my credits from IU out at first and I've finished an AS by now, looking to a BS.  Besides, with what was going on at the time it hurt my grades and I left with a crappy GPA.

Not a day goes by that I don't regret the way things happened, but there's nothing I can do.

Sounds like a crappy situation. nd there's nothing you can do about what happened, but there's surely opportunity to do something about what happens from here on  out. Do you retain the IU credits, even though you transfered them?

Sounds like a crappy situation. nd there's nothing you can do about what happened, but there's surely opportunity to do something about what happens from here on  out. Do you retain the IU credits, even though you transfered them?

I doubt it would matter, my GPA sucked.

Have to agree with you there. I'm a Colts and Pacers fan (barely, I'm just not a big NBA guy). Can't stand UK and Purdue, along with Illannoy and Wisconsin.

I'm about to start coaching youth baseball and be on the board of directors. Really, really excited for this opportunity. How many years of experience do you have? I'm coaching because it's a passion, and I don't have kids yet.

I started coaching my oldest when she was 4 in tee ball, that is more like containing madness. But I have 5 little league seasons and 4 basketball seasons under my belt. There is nothing better than watching your kids compete.

I doubt it would matter, my GPA sucked.

Never know. They have some leniency on extenuating circumstances and are almost always willing to give a "mature" adult more grace than a college age applicant, with issues. never hurts to inquire.

I started coaching my oldest when she was 4 in tee ball, that is more like containing madness. But I have 5 little league seasons and 4 basketball seasons under my belt. There is nothing better than watching your kids compete.

That's awesome. Im so excited to start my coaching career in baseball. I've been an assistant basketball coach before, and loved every minute of it!!!

Never know. They have some leniency on extenuating circumstances and are almost always willing to give a "mature" adult more grace than a college age applicant, with issues. never hurts to inquire.

At this point I'm focused on getting a stable job to really begin getting experience in my career.  I'm tired of contract jobs, and I have to have money coming in.

As long as you enjoy what you're doing, it's no big deal, but if ya don't, 4 years of school is a small price to pay for the next 35 years of heading to work at something you love.