Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUFB vs Western Illinois - Friday, 09.06.24 @ 7:00

Good grief people.  Kickoff is less than 12 hours away and no one has started the game thread.  I guess when you want something done right, you just do it yourself.   :103:

Our undefeated Hoosiers take on the major losing streak Western Illinois Leathernecks in what should be a laugher and truly hard to keep fans in the stands for the second half.

Televised on the basic BTN network and radio coverage on the IU Radio Network.

Preview

We gonna skunk this poor team. I never underestimate IUFB's ability to underperform against weak competition, but this Western Illinois team is next level lousy. 

And Cig seems like the kind of coach that will keep piling on the points long after the game is out of hand.

Enjoy the game tonight.  No way am I staying up until 3 or 4 AM to watch this one.  I am saving that for UCLA.  :). 

Just saw something that IU is a 42 point favorite?  Will we cover the spread?  

On a side note, I am glad to see that IU is doing something to try and get attendance to the game.  My 86 year Dad talked to me this morning, and he is heading up to Bloomington at 1 this afternoon for some kind of tailgate party.  

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

And Cig seems like the kind of coach that will keep piling on the points long after the game is out of hand.

but can the team do that?  Our offense seemed to get progressively worse last week (just based on scoring I didn't stay up to watch the 2nd half.)

6 minutes ago, jmsgws said:

but can the team do that?  Our offense seemed to get progressively worse last week (just based on scoring I didn't stay up to watch the 2nd half.)

Yes; we have a deep stable of talented running backs and wide receivers that can and will run free. And if Tayven comes in at QB he will get to throw the ball around and will make plays.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Yes; we have a deep stable of talented running backs and wide receivers that can and will run free. And if Tayven comes in at QB he will get to throw the ball around and will make plays.

I hope you are right.  It would be nice to have one of those 56 to nothing type games.

56 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Wonder how many times Michigan and/or O$U have said this about us over the years?

LOL! 

How many times have we played them?

Hopefully all the people tailgating at 4:00 make it in the stadium- it was pretty crowded when I drove by. Still get that football feeling just driving by a venue!