Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

How Many IUFB Wins In 2024?

FIU - W

WIU - W

UCLA - L

Charlotte - W

Maryland - W

Northwestern - L

Nebraska - L

Washington - L

MSU - L

Michigan - W

OSU - L

Purdue - W

Non-scientifically itemized, but I like 6 wins all the way up to 8 if I get fired up. The books have us at 5.5 and it's not crazy to see us hitting the over before November. The middle of the schedule between Charlotte and Michigan seem like all toss-ups to me.

I am bullish with IUFB 24. We've stacked the roster with proven winners. Granted they're winners in G5, but winners nonetheless. By doing that it creates the culture of winning in the locker room and I won't be the least bit surprised to see something we're not accustomed to this season. For example, winning close games. We had 4 one score losses and lost to PSU by 9 last year. I understand that was a completely different roster but it was also a completely different coaching staff and culture in the locker room. I foresee IUFB winning at least half of our close games if not all of them. 

No self-imposed limitations. -Curt Cignetti

26 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

FIU - W

WIU - W

UCLA - L

Charlotte - W

Maryland - W

Northwestern - L

Nebraska - L

Washington - L

MSU - L

Michigan - W

OSU - L

Purdue - W

Non-scientifically itemized, but I like 6 wins all the way up to 8 if I get fired up. The books have us at 5.5 and it's not crazy to see us hitting the over before November. The middle of the schedule between Charlotte and Michigan seem like all toss-ups to me.

Makes sense to me for anyone to have MSU, Wash, Nebraska, NW, UCLA as losses-- can't argue it... 

Buuuuut--- sitting here in May with limited data, obviously not seeing any of these teams... Northwestern will have NO home-field advantage, Wash/Neb both at home, and we play well at MSU (generally), and UCLA... 

Not to mention 3 of those 5 teams have new coaches, as well... 

Ultimately--- I think in those games we will be, at most, a TD dog, even on the road, which in itself is an improvement. Think this past season--- @ILL, MSU, UL, @PSU, Purdue---- Our last 4 losses last season were by a combined 18 points! 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Who is ready to go on record?

Weigh in with your prediction for number of IUFB wins for the 2024 season. Bonus for those who itemize.

No need to itemize, they’re winning’em all. Not just that, I don’t want no marginal playoff bowl. Screw the Peach Bowl. It better be the Rose and Herbie better be calling it. And when Roarke leaves NYC with the Heisman remember you heard it here 1st and he better mention me in his freaking speech.

Now, see, for all of the nuanced discussion in other threads, THIS is what sunshine pumping looks like.

10 minutes ago, Demo said:

No need to itemize, they’re winning’em all. Not just that, I don’t want no marginal playoff bowl. Screw the Peach Bowl. It better be the Rose and Herbie better be calling it. And when Roarke leaves NYC with the Heisman remember you heard it here 1st and he better mention me in his freaking speech.

Now, see, for all of the nuanced discussion in other threads, THIS is what sunshine pumping looks like.

Well-pumped sir.

17 minutes ago, Demo said:

pump pump pump!!! 

Pumpadelphia! 

57 minutes ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

Makes sense to me for anyone to have MSU, Wash, Nebraska, NW, UCLA as losses-- can't argue it... 

Buuuuut--- sitting here in May with limited data, obviously not seeing any of these teams... Northwestern will have NO home-field advantage, Wash/Neb both at home, and we play well at MSU (generally), and UCLA... 

Not to mention 3 of those 5 teams have new coaches, as well... 

Ultimately--- I think in those games we will be, at most, a TD dog, even on the road, which in itself is an improvement. Think this past season--- @ILL, MSU, UL, @PSU, Purdue---- Our last 4 losses last season were by a combined 18 points! 

Yeah, a bunch of toss-ups in there and my non-scientific reasoning was picking my favorite coaches since there's so much turnover almost everywhere. I'm just hedging my bets!

If I had to choose one of my 4-game losing streak games to switch to a W, it would probably be Washington, but Fisch turned Zona around in a hurry and UW is in much better shape than what he took over in Tuscon. Like I said, I don't think any number of wins would surprise me up to 8. Beyond that would be something to behold.

2 hours ago, Lebowski said:

I am bearish with IUFB 24. We've stacked the roster with proven winners. Granted they're winners in G5, but winners nonetheless. By doing that it creates the culture of winning in the locker room and I won't be the least bit surprised to see something we're not accustomed to this season. For example, winning close games. We had 4 one score losses and lost to PSU by 9 last year. I understand that was a completely different roster but it was also a completely different coaching staff and culture in the locker room. I foresee IUFB winning at least half of our close games if not all of them. 

No self-imposed limitations. -Curt Cignetti

I think you meant bullish!

FIU - W, W Illinois - W, @ UCLA - L, Charlotte - W, Maryland - W, @ NW - W/L, Nebraska - W/L, Washington - L, @ MSU - W, Meat Chicken - L, @ O$U - L, Purdon't - W 

That makes 7-5 with bowl eligibility going into the Bucket game. I'm on the fence with both NW and Nebraska and I feel one is a loss and one is a win.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

10 wins. 

FIU - W

WIU - W

UCLA - W

Charlotte - W

Maryland - W

Northwestern - W

Nebraska - L

Washington - W

MSU - W

Michigan - L

OSU - L

Purdue - WWW

Bowl Game - W

I count 12 "Ws" in your post; beating Purdump by more than 50 counts extra one would hope. 

Putting you down for 12.