Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

Was told that Essegian transferring is at 80% and he prefers to come closer to home, but IU likely won't have interest in him. Butler or ND were mentioned. 

22 minutes ago, ISP said:

Was told that Essegian transferring is at 80% and he prefers to come closer to home, but IU likely won't have interest in him. Butler or ND were mentioned. 

This was from 4 days ago. 

Wisconsin guard Connor Essegian said he does not plan to enter the transfer portal after the Badgers season finishes, instead opting to return to Madison for his junior season, according to a report from Rivals' BadgerBlitz.

Jake Weingarten -

Pac-12 All-Frosh teamer Kanaan Carlyle has heard from Gonzaga, Georgia, and Indiana, he told @Stockrisers. Averaged 11.5 PPG, 2.7 RPG, 2.7 APG. Former five-star recruit on the move after a coaching change at Stanford.

https://gostanford.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/kanaan-carlyle/20089

11 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jake Weingarten -

Pac-12 All-Frosh teamer Kanaan Carlyle has heard from Gonzaga, Georgia, and Indiana, he told @Stockrisers. Averaged 11.5 PPG, 2.7 RPG, 2.7 APG. Former five-star recruit on the move after a coaching change at Stanford.

https://gostanford.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/kanaan-carlyle/20089

Would have been floored if they hadn’t gotten in here. Carlyle will be a very expensive get, but he’s an NBA physical talent.

21 minutes ago, JF87 said:

Wisconsin guard Connor Essegian said he does not plan to enter the transfer portal after the Badgers season finishes, instead opting to return to Madison for his junior season, according to a report from Rivals' BadgerBlitz.

I’d like to have the kid under a good coach. But that ain’t happening anytime soon. 

But if we’re raiding UW and the rumors of Storr looking around are true,  Woody should go after him. He can, and loves to, get his own shot. 

14 minutes ago, Demo said:

Would have been floored if they hadn’t gotten in here. Carlyle will be a very expensive get, but he’s an NBA physical talent.

What makes him special?  I see a less than 40% FG shooter and a 32% 3-point shooter and a less than 1.0 assist/turnover ratio.  Never seen him play so I need some help on this one.

What makes him special?  I see a less than 40% FG shooter and a 32% 3-point shooter and a less than 1.0 assist/turnover ratio.  Never seen him play so I need some help on this one.
All I see from what you wrote is he is a iu lock! Book it

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, JF87 said:

Yes, the text I received said to not believe that article. The person actually texted me due to that article coming out.  He had to say that because the season is not over and Conor knows that he would get 0 minutes if it was known he was leaning towards transferring. 

For full transparency, here is the text I received from someone close to the kid/family. This person wants him to end up at IU. 

https://imgur.com/a/rAEAAnS

13 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Plus athlete with length and great movement skills. Explosive 1st step and can get downhill pretty much at will. Has deep range both off the catch and bounce. Can facilitate when the mood strikes him. When engaged defensively he can stay frontal against pretty much anyone. 2 issues that require coaching and experience: 1) His pace of play is fast and faster. He can get hog wild. 2) Shot selection is a problem and Hasse didn’t him no favors by letting him just create for himself. But if the next guy gives him the keys and really works with him on PG mentality, and I see no reason to think he’s not coachable, he has the chance to be just nasty.

7 minutes ago, Demo said:

Plus athlete with length and great movement skills. Explosive 1st step and can get downhill pretty much at will. Has deep range both off the catch and bounce. Can facilitate when the mood strikes him. When engaged defensively he can stay frontal against pretty much anyone. 2 issues that require coaching and experience: 1) His pace of play is fast and faster. He can get hog wild. 2) Shot selection is a problem and Hasse didn’t him no favors by letting him just create for himself. But if the next guy gives him the keys and really works with him on PG mentality, and I see no reason to think he’s not coachable, he has the chance to be just nasty.

So in other words, as the game slows down has next-level talent and could really be a difference maker as a sophomore.

18 minutes ago, ISP said:

Yes, the text I received said to not believe that article. The person actually texted me due to that article coming out.  He had to say that because the season is not over and Conor knows that he would get 0 minutes if it was known he was leaning towards transferring. 

For full transparency, here is the text I received from someone close to the kid/family. This person wants him to end up at IU. 

https://imgur.com/a/rAEAAnS

I'd love to see him at IU.

I know he's been injured and in Gard's doghouse, but the kid is a pure shooter and plays with a chip on his shoulder.

I'm intrigued.

15 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I'd love to see him at IU.

I know he's been injured and in Gard's doghouse, but the kid is a pure shooter and plays with a chip on his shoulder.

I'm intrigued.

a shooter that we need along side MM.  Will be a 3rd year guy so a "vet".