Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

4 hours ago, iu eyedoc said:

Don't shoot the messenger.

https://x.com/CBKReport/status/1779633485621113149image.thumb.png.00de15875463747bba1d916dad2400d0.png

What a horrible take.

If it’s a lifetime achievement award? Then why the hell would about ten of those be over Woody?

If it’s for the coming year? Why would Izzo be anywhere near the top? Or better than Rhodes for that matter!

And when in the holy hell have Fran or Willard ever done anything other than underachieve? And geez; second coming Pikell couldn’t accomplish jack last year. He did a horrible job.

5 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

No clue who this is but appreciate him calling out the fragility from a portion of this fan base that makes a 14 year old girl look stable. It’s embarrassing.

https://x.com/itsantwright/status/1846187803173855279?s=46&t=w6QCfPv_ohX9q670DTqgcA

https://x.com/itsantwright/status/1846250584778698821?s=46&t=w6QCfPv_ohX9q670DTqgcA

Love, love , love Ant Wright.

He is the best.

5 hours ago, iu eyedoc said:

Don't shoot the messenger.

https://x.com/CBKReport/status/1779633485621113149image.thumb.png.00de15875463747bba1d916dad2400d0.png

16th may be generous for Woodson. He has more resources than probably any other coach on this list but has nothing to show for it through 3 seasons. 

9 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

16th may be generous for Woodson. He has more resources than probably any other coach on this list but has nothing to show for it through 3 seasons. 

I agree.  I think the top 12 in that list is pretty solidified.  Woody would be lucky to crack my top 15.

10 hours ago, AH1971 said:

No clue who this is but appreciate him calling out the fragility from a portion of this fan base that makes a 14 year old girl look stable. It’s embarrassing.

https://x.com/itsantwright/status/1846187803173855279?s=46&t=w6QCfPv_ohX9q670DTqgcA

https://x.com/itsantwright/status/1846250584778698821?s=46&t=w6QCfPv_ohX9q670DTqgcA

Ant’s a great follow. Played at Michigan like 15 yrs ago. Smart guy. Does not suffer fools. 

1 minute ago, Demo said:

Ant’s a great follow. Played at Michigan like 15 yrs ago. Smart guy. Does not suffer fools. 

Thanks for the info. Have seen a few of his tweets and seemed B10 oriented but wasn't sure his background. 

1 hour ago, Kentuckysucks said:

I agree.  I think the top 12 in that list is pretty solidified.  Woody would be lucky to crack my top 15.

Hey hey hey... 

Let's look at the Mike Woodson three year era and rank these coaches:

A. Overall record 64-39, B1G conf record 33-27, two times rd 64 of NCAA

B. Overall record 63-40, B1G conf record 31-30,  one rd 32, one rd 64 NCAA

C. Overall record 52-46, B1G conf record 29-31, one First 4 NCAA

Lots of other factors (resources, ability to have culture in place, etc.) but as Bill Parcells said "You are what your record says you are." So which one(s) do you like best?

44 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Hey hey hey... 

Lots of other factors (resources, ability to have culture in place, etc.) but as Bill Parcells said "You are what your record says you are." So which one(s) do you like best?

A and B were all due to Trayce.  And we still likely underachieved. Thank Archie for landing him.

Say what you will about the ranking (someone should hand it to Woodson), but this season will determine just how inaccurate, or accurate, it is for Woodson. 

I think pretty much everyone agrees at least going into the season that there are no excuses -- with this roster IU should compete for the B1G, and a good NCAA tourney run (however you want to define that). 

He probably has more resources and NIL money than anyone on that whole list yet he is almost dead last. I am certain he has the most NIL. Mind blowing. 

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Hey hey hey... 

If you are Min, NW, or Neb these are all decent three year spans. Is one of these are the coach of the most basketball rich, traditionally and resource wise, in the Big 10? Well then all three would  be @$$.