Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs #2 Kansas - Saturday, 12.16.23 @ 12:30 on CBS

20 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Who were the two coaches who "coaches begged to coach IU in the 2000s. They combine for 8 Final 4s & 1 National Championship since. 1 had a contract drawn up + staff assembled..."?

I'd guess that one was Brad Stevens... he had stated while he was at Butler that IU was his dream job...

Pitino for sure.  Matta wanted the job bad.  Beilein as well.  Cal supposedly wanted it when we fired Davis.

57 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Logic does not say this is trending in a positive direction. We were literally a better team last year.  We are literally trending downward 

One point does not make a trend.  Long way to go. 

10 hours ago, sweetpain said:

I still want Chris Beard. Now Ole Miss is undefeated in their first year as him as HC. He just wins, the schedule for him will get tougher now. Would he be a viable option for us in the future with his past?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

He’s one of the guys that fits the description when I say “it doesn’t take years to win for the right guys.” Matt Painter is the exception. 

Bill Self was at ILL for 2 seasons and won 2 B1G championships. His roster nearly went undefeated the next season. By his 3rd year at Kansas, he won the Big 12. His roster and results were improving  by year 3…. not getting worse. He won the Big 12 17 straight seasons after year 2. 

Sampson had us rolling in year 2. He would have won championships here. Instead he’s knocking on the door year in and year out at HOUSTON! His best 2 players are lost to the NBA… still ranked top 5 in the country. 

We are allergic to winning big and addicted to making excuses that other winning programs refuse to make for themselves. 

come at me bro(s).

28 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

He’s one of the guys that fits the description when I say “it doesn’t take years to win for the right guys.” Matt Painter is the exception. 

Bill Self was at ILL for 2 seasons and won 2 B1G championships. His roster nearly went undefeated the next season. By his 3rd year at Kansas, he won the Big 12. His roster and results were improving  by year 3…. not getting worse. He won the Big 12 17 straight seasons after year 2. 

Sampson had us rolling in year 2. He would have won championships here. Instead he’s knocking on the door year in and year out at HOUSTON! His best 2 players are lost to the NBA… still ranked top 5 in the country. 

We are allergic to winning big and addicted to making excuses that other winning programs refuse to make for themselves. 

come at me bro(s).

Okay … here I come at you!

Your post should be moved out of the Kansas game thread.

:)

52 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

come at me bro(s).

Self is dirty. Dude’s a cheater. Bad example imo.

Agree on Sampson, from a pure coaching standpoint. Fantastic coach. But zero regard for academics and at best ambivalent about NCAA recruiting rules. And our guys had a serious drug culture going when he was here.

Finding the right guy for IU is not like finding the right guy at KU, Houston, Auburn, etc. If we just want to win and don’t care about ethics, academics, integrity, or rules, it’s a lot easier. 

come at me bro(s).

Sampson is an incredible coach. Best we had since knight for strictly coaching.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk