Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Michigan State football coach Mel Tucker accused of sexually harassing rape survivor

On 9/12/2023 at 7:14 AM, Stuhoo said:

Unless he is criminally charged and prosecuted…Does MSU let’s say pay out $20,000,000 plus attorney fees (more or less) million

• No. WAY too much, and while criminal prosecution would do a lot toward a non-payment, it is in no way necessary for MSU to attempt to zero him out, or settle for very little if they think he clearly violated the morals clause of his contract.

Is any or all of it taxable?

• Yes, it is all taxable.

Let's not forget that Tucker is at risk of being on the line for his own lawyer fees if he loses the suit.  Michigan State has deeper pockets than Tucker does.

On 9/12/2023 at 7:36 AM, Hovadipo said:

Tucker dropped a pretty long, pretty fiery statement last night basically saying he’s fighting tooth and nail. I’m done trying to figure this thing out, it’s going to be a mess. If (I said IF) what he is claiming is true though? Whew. 

Nolan Richardson fired lots of fiery statements and filed an $8 million lawsuit against Arkansas when he was fired.  Sometimes fiery statements and lawsuits or threats of lawsuits come about because the party involved knows they are looking at their last payday.  Two distinct possibilities:  1.  he could believe he is unjustly fired or 2. he was justly fired but knows his career can't be salvaged unless he somehow were to come out as 'innocent'.

My gut says it's the latter, particularly with the very strange statements about an ESPN investigation that never actually happened.

In conclusion, just curious if …and how much money does Melvin the pelvis walk away at its finality???

And November 18 IU vs MSU is a must win for IU to not reach a new lowest point of this season.

1 minute ago, TTT said:

In conclusion, just curious if …and how much money does Melvin the pelvis walk away at its finality???

I don't know, but the press release will most surely state "for an undisclosed settlement."

I don't know, but the press release will most surely state "for an undisclosed settlement."
I think it'll be "both parties have agreed to keep the terms of the agreement confidential" so MSU doesn't even have to put in writing that they paid him anything.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

And the bleeding continues.

image.png

This is not just a killer for this season, but recruiting moving forward.  Other programs with stable NIL will certainly bring this up in recruiting.

MSU won't be relevant for years

I have no idea why Tucker thinks that these messages between Tracy and her assistant make Tucker 'innocent':

"I'm filing a formal complaint with MSU," Tracy wrote, according to the letter. "... [My lawyer] said after that we can let him know that we want to come to an agreement then it doesn't have to go to a hearing or anything unless he wants it to."

According to the messages provided by Tucker's lawyers, Tracy later added: "Money is my only recourse to make him feel like there is a punishment" and "when they do the money I should make him pay me 10k directly."

------------------------------------------------------------

It sounds to me like Tracy was choosing to file the complaint that she felt that the only punishment he would feel was financial.  Her saying 'I should make him pay me 10k directly' is a paltry sum if the allegations were true.  Sounds to me more like the principal of the thing -- that he should be forced to make a financial payment directly to her as more of a sign of guilt.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38574092/mel-tucker-letter-sent-michigan-st-alleges-new-evidence